Dash laid her first shelled egg!!

Melissa67137

Songster
Jun 24, 2020
South east/south central Kansas
Dash laid such a pretty blue egg this morning.....I know it was her as I went to check on eggs and there were none, so I sat in my chair by the run to watch the girls a while and she was the only one to go in the coop, then when she came out I checked again and there was this very pretty blue egg.

At least for now I should be able to know who isn't laying from time to time......Old hen Henryetta lays cream, Gladys lays greenish blue, Dash lays robins egg blue, such a variety of colors so far from my chickens. Both Dash and Dot laid membrane eggs 2 days ago, then today a shelled egg from Dash so Dot shouldn't be far behind. I can't wait to see what color Dot lays! I will have a true Easter egg basket if she lays a different shade or color.

Pictured: Dash is black & White w/first egg
Gladys is Buff & Cream w/first egg

Attachments

• 20220829_103536-COLLAGE.jpg
    20220829_103536-COLLAGE.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220829_103618-COLLAGE~2.jpg
    20220829_103618-COLLAGE~2.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 12
AHHHH Such an exciting time!!! Congratulations to you. I have 2 that lay the blue eggs & 1 who lays a blueish green, a few brown layers & a pinkish peach layer!
Wow a true Easter basket of colors. I am hoping Dot lays a pinkish peach. But she and Dash came in same hatching so may be a blueish color. I just think it is cool to possibly be able to tell who is laying which egg in such a small flock.

Back
Top Bottom