DRY INCUBATION TEMP SHOT UP

KEarthman

Songster
Oct 27, 2020
A friend is trying to dry hatch a large batch of eggs, which includes 7 of my eggs. everything had been going great until she came home from work today (day 7) at the temp was 107 or 108! What would y'all do?

I'm sure no idea how long it was that high? All you can do is get temp back down and hope for the best. You can candle eggs and in a few more days candle again and see if they are still developing/alive.

I’ve had temps jump up that high and I’m not sure if the temperature reading was wrong or what but I actually had a 100% fertility and hatch rate from that batch. I will note that I switched incubators after the temp spike.

I’ve had temps jump up that high and I’m not sure if the temperature reading was wrong or what but I actually had a 100% fertility and hatch rate from that batch. I will note that I switched incubators after the temp spike.
Just depends on how long temp was high. Takes a while to get internal egg that temp but once it does for a length of time it usually doesn't end well.

Back
Top Bottom