Greetings from Loomis, CA

LoomisTom

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2024
Hello, I'm Tom and new to chickens. Last September, we started a flock with six female chicks and four peafowl. They joined our flock of three mini-donkeys and two yappy dogs. Also, koi and turtles. One of our hens is now sporting a gorgeous comb and wattles and crowing her head off. Sigh. That said, we therefore have

- Hens (one each): Plymouth Barred Rock, Easter Egger, Rhode Island Red, Silver Lace Wyandotte, and Black Copper Maran
- Rooster: Lavender Orpington
- Peahens: 2 x White, 1 x India Blue
- Peacock: 1 x India Blue
The peafowl are about a year old.

Everybody shares a predator resistant barn stall with a 10x10' aviary turnout. I buried wire mesh 18" deep around the stall and lined it with chicken wire. Perches at three levels. Automated waterer. Big metal feeder.

And, coolest of all, a Pullet-Shut automated door installed on the barn door itself. In fact, that's what led me to join this community: it's where I learned about the crazy guys who made the door!

Nice to be here!

Hello, I'm Tom and new to chickens. Last September, we started a flock with six female chicks and four peafowl. They joined our flock of three mini-donkeys and two yappy dogs. Also, koi and turtles. One of our hens is now sporting a gorgeous comb and wattles and crowing her head off. Sigh. That said, we therefore have

- Hens (one each): Plymouth Barred Rock, Easter Egger, Rhode Island Red, Silver Lace Wyandotte, and Black Copper Maran
- Rooster: Lavender Orpington
- Peahens: 2 x White, 1 x India Blue
- Peacock: 1 x India Blue
The peafowl are about a year old.

Everybody shares a predator resistant barn stall with a 10x10' aviary turnout. I buried wire mesh 18" deep around the stall and lined it with chicken wire. Perches at three levels. Automated waterer. Big metal feeder.

And, coolest of all, a Pullet-Shut automated door installed on the barn door itself. In fact, that's what led me to join this community: it's where I learned about the crazy guys who made the door!

Nice to be here!
Hey! And Welcome!!! :celebrate:welcome

Back
Top Bottom