Hello!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

@Chickadee_Chick Sandhill Cranes are amazing birds, lucky you to get to work with them! Very ancient species of bird. They migrate right over our house (you can hear them honking up in the skies) in the fall on their way to the Bosque Del Apache refuge to winter over, thousands stay until spring. I am totally fascinated with them. Not the best photo, probably the worst, 🤣 but last November we stopped by the Bosque to see the early arrivals....

View attachment 3819684

Welcome to our community!
That's awesome!

I love Sandhills. If you ever get a chance to go to the Platte River in Nebraska for their spring migration they roost in enormous groups of tens of thousands on the river. There is only like a mile of suitable river habitat left, so they pack it in. Nothing like the sound of 20,000 4-foot-tall birds taking off at the same time!

That's awesome!

I love Sandhills. If you ever get a chance to go to the Platte River in Nebraska for their spring migration they roost in enormous groups of tens of thousands on the river. There is only like a mile of suitable river habitat left, so they pack it in. Nothing like the sound of 20,000 4-foot-tall birds taking off at the same time!
I've heard the Platte River is one of the best places to visit, maybe one day I will get there! Yes, I've heard the dawn lift off is absolutely amazing to see and hear! I just need to get there early enough to see it. 😊

Howdy, :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Happy :ya to have you here with us. Enjoy your time here at BYC!
Glad you have decided to de-lurk!
animated-indian-and-redskin-image-0031.gif

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom