Help Identify What Breed & Question About Space

FeatheredFamily6

In the Brooder
May 16, 2024
Hi!

Can someone help identify what breed my chicks are. They are all 3 weeks ago and I ordered 1 of each of these breeds:

1. Brahamas Light
2. Easter Egger (Amerucana)
3. White Leghorn
4. Wyandotte Golden Laced
5. Olive Egger
6. Australorp

When I Google 3 week old chick then the breed I get a bunch of different color variations.

Also the last photo is of the chicks brooder currently, is this enough space for the chicks entire time until they go outside in the coop (around 6-8 weeks old)? I have the Producer’s Pride brooder/coop heating plate and wasn’t sure if I can put the heating plate vertical since Producers Pride can do that or if it still needs to be horizontal for chicks and the vertical is only for coop purposes.

Lots of questions here, sorry! Also ignore the glass container where we put the chicks food/grit. I didn’t realize how big the Producers Pride heating plate was when I got it.

Thank you!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5403.jpeg
    IMG_5403.jpeg
    377.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5399.jpeg
    IMG_5399.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5409.jpeg
    IMG_5409.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5398.jpeg
    IMG_5398.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5392.jpeg
    IMG_5392.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5390.jpeg
    IMG_5390.jpeg
    296.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5355.jpeg
    IMG_5355.jpeg
    505 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5354.jpeg
    IMG_5354.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 9
img 5392 looks like my black australorps did at that age and the 5399 one is a white leghorn. 5409 might be the wyandotte. ETA- I don't think they will be able to fit in that container much longer. They already look super cramped in there.

You have no Wyandottes or Brahmas, so they must have substituted other breeds.

1 is probably an Easter egger

2 is the Leghorn

3 I'm thinking it's another Easter egger, but could be a brown Leghorn or Welsumer. That color pattern is pretty common.

4 olive egger

5 Hmmm, the feet look yellow and Australorps should have white feet, so I am not sure on this one. They may have substituted another black variety like Jersey Giant. Time will tell.

6 maybe Sapphire Gem

As far as space goes, I think you'll be okay for another couple of weeks. But then you should move them to a bigger space.

As far as the heating plate goes, I would probably leave it the way it is for a while longer, until some of the smaller chicks get more feathering.

img 5392 looks like my black australorps did at that age and the 5399 one is a white leghorn. 5409 might be the wyandotte. ETA- I don't think they will be able to fit in that container much longer. They already look super cramped in there.
Thank you! I really appreciate the reply this helps! :)

As far as space goes, I think you'll be okay for another couple of weeks. But then you should move them to a bigger space.

As far as the heating plate goes, I would probably leave it the way it is for a while longer, until some of the smaller chicks get more feathering.
Thank you! This is super helpful!

You have no Wyandottes or Brahmas, so they must have substituted other breeds.

1 is probably an Easter egger

2 is the Leghorn

3 I'm thinking it's another Easter egger, but could be a brown Leghorn or Welsumer. That color pattern is pretty common.

4 olive egger

5 Hmmm, the feet look yellow and Australorps should have white feet, so I am not sure on this one. They may have substituted another black variety like Jersey Giant. Time will tell.

6 maybe Sapphire Gem
I was thinking they might have substituted other breeds but didn’t say anything or mentioned they would. Thanks again! Again super helpful!

Thank you! I really appreciate the reply this helps! :)
I actually agree with the Welsummer comment for the one I said was a Wyandotte, I was mixing up my 2 breeds. the Wyandotte have a flat rose comb and as chicks they have speckling around the head and this one has a single comb as a chick and a slight line on top of the head.

I actually agree with the Welsummer comment for the one I said was a Wyandotte, I was mixing up my 2 breeds. the Wyandotte have a flat rose comb and as chicks they have speckling around the head and this one has a single comb as a chick and a slight line on top of the head.
Okay great! Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom