Hen randomly died?

Rose the Legbar

Songster
Dec 18, 2022
Washington State
One of my Silver Laced Wyandottes wasn’t doing too good a hour before she died. Apparently she had white stuff leaking from her vent and she had issues standing, she used her wing to support her. It looked like she was trying to lay a egg. At that point she was deathly pale, comb, face, waddles, had no color what so ever. She was put into the nest box to hopefully pass the egg.

A hour later she was dead. Still warm but dead. I checked around her vent and saw what looked like yellow egg yolk around her vent. Did a egg rupture inside of her further up the system, killing her? She had a egg yesterday, it was a different color than she normally had but it was 100% her egg. She was only a little over a year old.

One of my Silver Laced Wyandottes wasn’t doing too good a hour before she died. Apparently she had white stuff leaking from her vent and she had issues standing, she used her wing to support her. It looked like she was trying to lay a egg. At that point she was deathly pale, comb, face, waddles, had no color what so ever. She was put into the nest box to hopefully pass the egg.

A hour later she was dead. Still warm but dead. I checked around her vent and saw what looked like yellow egg yolk around her vent. Did an egg rupture inside of her further up the system, killing her? She had an egg yesterday, it was a different color than she normally had but it was 100% her egg. She was only a little over a year old.
I’m so sorry for your loss 😢 it sounds like an egg could’ve broken inside by the yolk substance, but would she have died that quickly? I’m not sure, but I’m sure someone else will weigh in. Again, very sorry :hugs

Back
Top Bottom