How much Cayenne Pepper should I give?

I respectfully disagree.

There's a lot to be said about the power of cayenne pepper. I don't think you can overdose a chicken. Since chickens don't have heat sensors in their mouths, they can take it directly without any problems.

You could make a cayenne tea for their waterer, or sprinkle it on their dry feed. It's such a fine powder that I think it'll coat the pellets nicely. Even touching it with your hands turns your fingers red.

Mash is another way to ensure that none of the cayenne is wasted.

I respectfully disagree.

There's a lot to be said about the power of cayenne pepper. I don't think you can overdose a chicken. Since chickens don't have heat sensors in their mouths, they can take it directly without any problems.

You could make a cayenne tea for their waterer, or sprinkle it on their dry feed. It's such a fine powder that I think it'll coat the pellets nicely. Even touching it with your hands turns your fingers red.

Mash is another way to ensure that none of the cayenne is wasted.
Still not going to stop moisture from freezing on a comb if there isn't adequate ventilation in very cold temps.

Still not going to stop moisture from freezing on a comb if there isn't adequate ventilation in very cold temps.
There's no disputing the importance of good ventilation.

I thought I had adequate ventilation, but when I hung Lexan storm windows on the coop, the next morning I noticed a swirling pattern of dust on them from excess moisture. So I'm going to add more ventilation to hopefully remedy this.

Back
Top Bottom