ISO Ducks Eggs for Classroom Hatch

TennesseeTeacher

In the Brooder
Feb 18, 2023
I am a Montessori Teacher that does a classroom hatch each year and this year we are exploring the lifecycle of ducks (we have chickens at our school and have hatched chicks in the past). I am looking for duck eggs to hatch, but no contacts for duck people. Ok with mixed breeds/hybrids, any that hatch will be added to our school poultry program, as pets/egg producers. Shipping needed to Eastern Tennessee and happy to pay.

I am a Montessori Teacher that does a classroom hatch each year and this year we are exploring the lifecycle of ducks (we have chickens at our school and have hatched chicks in the past). I am looking for duck eggs to hatch, but no contacts for duck people. Ok with mixed breeds/hybrids, any that hatch will be added to our school poultry program, as pets/egg producers. Shipping needed to Eastern Tennessee and happy to pay.
How many would you want? I’m not sure if this would even be a possibility for me, since we use most of our eggs, and we are in Michigan, and I’ve never considered selling our duck eggs to hatch since I have a majorly mixed flock, but I might consider.

I am too far away to be much help (Alaska) but I am hoping to hatch duck eggs in my Montessori classroom this year. I've hatched ducklings before but never in the classroom setting. Any chance you'd be willing to share resources? Any activities you consistently do or visuals you use? Thank you!

I am too far away to be much help (Alaska) but I am hoping to hatch duck eggs in my Montessori classroom this year. I've hatched ducklings before but never in the classroom setting. Any chance you'd be willing to share resources? Any activities you consistently do or visuals you use? Thank you!
I’m in Canada and last year I gave my sept up to 2 schools for hatching
One in kindergarten and one in preschool
It was so exciting for not only that class but the whole school got involved
I now have a third one that wants to try this year as well as both teachers from last year are wanting to do it again
It’s so fun for the kids
I encourage the teachers to candle daily to let the kids see how quickly the eggs change
This has not caused any issues both classes got 100 % hatch rate
They were also able to put a camera on the incubator and connect to the smart board so when baby started to zip everyone got to watch including the office board and all class rooms

I’m in Canada and last year I gave my sept up to 2 schools for hatching
One in kindergarten and one in preschool
It was so exciting for not only that class but the whole school got involved
I now have a third one that wants to try this year as well as both teachers from last year are wanting to do it again
It’s so fun for the kids
I encourage the teachers to candle daily to let the kids see how quickly the eggs change
This has not caused any issues both classes got 100 % hatch rate
They were also able to put a camera on the incubator and connect to the smart board so when baby started to zip everyone got to watch including the office board and all class rooms
The camera connecting to the white board is a really great idea!

6 is ideally. More would be ok due to shipping mishap possibilities.
Hi, Somehow I missed your thread. I live in Western North Carolina in the Asheville area; and my kids raise ancona and welsh harlequin ducks. We usually sell the eggs for $5 each for the welsh and $6 each for the anconas plus $17 for shipping, but we give a discount for teachers; pm me and we can discuss the details if you are still in need of some eggs. We also have cream legbar chicken hatching eggs as well. My husband is a teacher and I am a former elementary school teacher so we love that you include this awesome learning experience in your classroom!

Back
Top Bottom