New Member from MO!

CouchFarms

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2024
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Totally new to chickens, we got our first 3 white rock hens last Saturday.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have three right now and we already want more! LOL
(3) What breeds do you have?

White Rock Hens
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

We are still getting to know each other, I feel like we rescued them - they are very scared of us.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

We love the outdoors!
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We have 1 boxer (who is very curious about the hens) 1 Choc Mini-labradoodle who loves checking on them. We have a blended family of 5 kids (2 of them still at home) -I work from home and my partner works outside the home.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found you on Google and I cannot wait to start digging in to all of these posts.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Wonderful you rescued these birds! It may take them a while to calm down around you. Definitely move slowly around them, talk quietly reassuring them. Get yourself a bag of mealworms or small bite sized chopped apples and sit on the floor with them and try to hand feed them. Put pieces on your leg or around your feet. Eventually they will get closer and trust you more. Do this daily and pretty soon they should be a lot more tame.

Enjoy your flock!

Back
Top Bottom