New Old member

Jun 18, 2023
I am an old membr that can finally have chickens again. Loved this group as it was a fantastic resource.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No used to have all kinds of fowl. Moved to a town where I couldn't have them and am now back where I can.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I currently have 9 although I think two are roosters and I don't think I am supposed to have any.
(3) What breeds do you have?
I have a couple golden Comet pullets and a mix of bantams. I know what a couple breeds are but am not sure about the others. One reason I am here
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They are fun to raise from chicks to giving eggs.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I am an avid outdoorsman
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a couple bird dogs that the chickens are an endless fascination for. They point them constantly
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I was a membr years ago and am back!

Can anyone help me identify these birds? I know one is a Brahma, the two larger ones are Golden Comets.

Attachments

• IMG_1170.JPG
    IMG_1170.JPG
    798.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1171.JPG
    IMG_1171.JPG
    759.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1172.JPG
    IMG_1172.JPG
    740 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1173.JPG
    IMG_1173.JPG
    831.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1177.JPG
    IMG_1177.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Hi, welcome back to BYC! :frow

First picture I think is a Blue Old English Game Bantam, but what comb does she have? That one is a pullet.
Second picture the one in the back is a Golden Laced Sebright cockerel. The one in front looks like a Black Old English Game pullet.
Third picture I see a Porcelain d'Uccle cockerel on the left, and a Mille Fleur d'Uccle pullet on the right.
Fourth picture is the Porcelain d'Uccle cockerel.
Fifth picture the only one I didn't list is the second one from the left, that one is a Golden Laced Sebright pullet. Also, both Golden Comets are pullets, the Brahma is a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom