Pvc pipe feeder

Ho

Has anyone made one using 68-70mm pipe. All the one in the US look a bigger diameter, I could be wrong though.
I think the norm here is 3 or 4 inches. What you have is along the lines of US 2.5" PVC.
I use a trough I made from 4" PVC with a much narrower pipe suspended on a vinyl coated steel cord over the trough to keep the chickens from sitting over the trough or getting in it. Works great for my fermented feed.

The larger pipe will hold more, which is usually a good thing. But the smaller diameter pipes should work too, you'll just have to refill it more often. This could be a good fit for you if you don't want to put much feed out at a time. It's all very dependant on what suits your needs.

I have 20 birds in the coop so use several I cut the top off a gatorade bottle use that to fill them
006.jpg
005.jpg

Ho

Has anyone made one using 68-70mm pipe. All the one in the US look a bigger diameter, I could be wrong though.
Are you looking at this style? https://www.instructables.com/id/PVC-Chicken-Feeder-1/ I'm planning to make this for my new coop. I'm using US 3" PVC 3" = 76.2 mm as someone else said, using the larger of your options would mean refilling less often. I think smaller than 3" would be kind of tiny. If you use the larger, you could just make less tubes vs. the 4 shown here - but what makes sense would really depend on how many chickens you're feeding.

Back
Top Bottom