SandHill Preservation review

Thank you all for this info! I have looked at them a few times online and felt a little leery, but they have such an amazing selection and they seem so genuine and hard working! I think I will reconsider an order :)

15 days from the 1st possible ship date!!! Getting excited and (im)patiently waiting.
wee.gif
caf.gif

Possible ship dates:
4/12
4/26
5/10

Thank you all for this info! I have looked at them a few times online and felt a little leery, but they have such an amazing selection and they seem so genuine and hard working! I think I will reconsider an order
smile.png
I agree, and that's why I went with them: Their selection and their business style. They are not a big hatchery, they really aren't even what I consider a hatchery. I more consider them a large scale breeder possibly based on the fact that it is just 2 people (mainly) that run the whole operation. I admire that, which is why I placed an order with them.

I agree, and that's why I went with them: Their selection and their business style. They are not a big hatchery, they really aren't even what I consider a hatchery. I more consider them a large scale breeder possibly based on the fact that it is just 2 people (mainly) that run the whole operation. I admire that, which is why I placed an order with them.

And the fact that they're the only place that carries a lot of the rare or endangered breeds.

Well, today was the first possible ship date. Admittedly, the day is not quite over, but I did not get a call, and it's 7:40pm at Sandhill right now.
Next possible ship date: 2 weeks from today... 4/26

Well, yesterday was the second possible ship date and I got no call. The third possible ship date is May 10th.
Hopefully I get a call and not new ship dates. We'll see

I received an email this morning:

"White Dorkings have not  hit good fertility yet, hopefully next time your order will pull together. After having a mild winter February had a cold spell and lots of frozen combs."

Meaning that the third ship date won't happen for my order either.
Considering they said they could possibly get my order out for 3 dates last year, and then 3 dates this year, this means that 6 possible ship dates have passed.

I've asked them to cancel my order. It's rather discouraging, but I guess I'll just work with the varieties of Ameraucanas I have.

I appreciate what they try to do but no one can properly breed that many species/breeds/varieties with such a small staff.
I have most of my stuff automated and as a lone person, can only do justice to a single breed.

Back
Top Bottom