Serama colors and age progression

Naliez

Songster
May 7, 2015

Since Seramas change so much as they grow, I was hoping to get some age progression pics to compare. Zippy, who I thought was all white, looks like he's getting some grey color in his tail, although, it's kind of hard to tell (he has always looked kinda rough, like a never ending teen phase). I thought he was getting some buff, or red on top of his head, until I realized that somebody had dropped a spaghetti noodle on his head, (one of my sons, I'm sure, but nobody's admitting it). My other 6 still look identical. So, here's Zippy and the fab 6.

Love this thread idea! :) :)

Here are some progress shots for 5 of my chicks. Initial photos were taken at 1-2 weeks old, second shots at 6-7 weeks old.

My white silkied pullet looks like she's beginning to get some strands of buff color in her throat. So interesting to see how they develop!

Last edited:
Love this thread idea! :) :) Here are some progress shots for 5 of my chicks. Initial photos were taken at 1-2 weeks old, second shots at 6-7 weeks old. My white silkied pullet looks like she's beginning to get some strands of buff color in her throat. So interesting to see how they develop!
Hey, Dom! Those pictures are great! It's been a while since I've been on here! Maybe there's still hope for this thread after all! Lol The batch of chicks that I hatched who all came out looking exactly the same have definitely changed a bit. The only boy is Sue, and he's turning out really pretty! Here's two of them then...
And now....

Hey, Dom! Those pictures are great! It's been a while since I've been on here! Maybe there's still hope for this thread after all! Lol The batch of chicks that I hatched who all came out looking exactly the same have definitely changed a bit. The only boy is Sue, and he's turning out really pretty! Here's two of them then...

Thanks, and thanks for the thread! If nothing else you and I will keep it alive. :)

I dig Zippy's grey tail feathers. While I do especially like the light colored birds, just plain white is a little too vanilla for me. ;) Sue is gorgeous btw! And great name.

I'll be photographing the rest of my chicks over time and posting them here. For me it's an important educational project to track the development of feathering, so I'm planning studio shots of every one of my chickies.

This pair is a bit younger than the others I posted. 3 days old and again at 4 weeks old.

This is Bee:

And Sisal:

I should have photos for my latest hatch of 8 in about a month.

I probably shouldn't do a total update on all my birds but I'll show a few of my favorites that were posted earlier.

And then age progression for everyone from the last hatch in another post.

Here's Sisal at 3 days, 1 month, and finally pictured on the righthand side at 2.5 months. To her left is Sylvia, who's also been posted previously above.

Next is Floyd. First taken at 1-2 weeks, again at 6-7 weeks, and finally at 3 months. He looks just like his sire.

And finally Reese. Again, we see her at 1-2 weeks, 6-7 weeks and finally at 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom