Texas

Hi, I am in Palestine, not too far from Tyler. I want a mixed flock and mixed egg basket, so maybe a splash or blue maran more but want some blue and green eggs too! I am thinking about 8 hens total.

Last edited:
Poor babies.  It sounds like they are in need of good help.  A lot of no kill shelters have to resort to killing...even Austin, but they try not to.  

Thank you for volunteering! 

Edited:  They are only showing ONE dog online.  Most people want to see before they go look.

All of the current websites and emails have been closed due to the investigations. However, the Facebook page, Comal County Lost and Found Dogs, has LOTS of pictures. The manager of that page is a new board member. So rolling two into one, so to speak.

This pretty girl is on hold, pending info on her microchip. Several dogs with microchips, but having issue locating registration info. None where registered.

I am seriously wanting some baby chicks...what is wrong with me? I think it is because my new ones don't really come to me like Red does...I feel like she knows me. I have had her since she was a day or two old and the newer ones were 9 weeks old when I brought them home. I think part of it is that the kids start school on Monday and I feel like I "need" something to take care of...empty nest syndrome is bad, and my kids are not even out of the house completely yet...

TexasLisa - I am like you...I would have every animal at my house the first day. I love animals and would have more than I do now if I could.

Good Morning!

You are being a mom.
hugs.gif
After the kids leave on Monday, go outside and sit with the newer chicks. You will gain their trust. I raised 4 BR inside and they think I am their mommy. One of my hens hatched 3 and boy are they skittish! I got the two roos getting closer and closer to me, but the hen is downright batty! They will eat out of my hands but they shriek after every bite. Really funny!

If you were closer, you could come over for coffee!!

Lisa :)

Well if you thought that featherless chicken was freaky, check this out. This sickens me at a gut level.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...st-tube-meat-served-first-time_n_3678581.html

"There is something inherently creepy about [growing meat in labs]," Specter told NPR's Terry Gross at the time. "But there is something more inherently creepy about the way we deal with the animals that we eat. ... They live a horrible life, and they often die quite cruelly. So the idea of being able to eliminate some of that is extremely exciting for a lot of people."

Creepy, but think of the benefits. They are producing meat cells/fibers in a lab rather than in a living, breathing animal. The downside is it will eliminate completely, at least in the US, farm animals. That's a big downside.

Back
Top Bottom