The electric blanket nest

Sumi, I need some help. How do you tell if you have twins! Yes, seriously!! Two of the eggs, the smaller two have chicks, saw heartbeats today, and they still have an amount of space inside the egg. But the bigger egg is very dark and there is a small lighter patch at the bottom of the egg. Does a twin egg have two air sacks or one? There are clearly visible veins on this leg and they are on either side of the growth, could there be two?
I wish I could get a better picture to show you.

Well, it's day 21 that the eggs started on the blanket tomorrow but I'm not sure what is happening. Don't have a torch that has shown me any clearer images of what is happening inside the eggs. Eggs 1 and 2 still have a fair amount of light 'space' around the chick mass, but egg 3 is almost completely black apart from the air cell.
No peeping yet. This is a very unnatural and unsupported setting so I don't know if things are just going to take longer or... :(
Holding onto hope and praying they make it.

fl.gif

Oh no. I was really hoping this would work out and they'll hatch :-(

there are some really good homemade incs. on here and stepby step on you tube you could throw one togeather for around 20 dollars . that may be something to look into and get going asap for a better chance at hatching

Back
Top Bottom