The Old Folks Home

Thanks for all the well wishes, I saw the Cardiologist today. I was there for 2 hours! I am now scheduled for an echo, a stress test, and a mammogram ( not the Cardiologist's doing)
And he increased my BP meds to double what I was prescribed before.
I am checking hubby's BP machine against my BP cuff. Seems doctors never believe any BP machine that is not theirs. So far, the machines are very close . Highest reading so far is 249/128. Yikes!
That is high!

I did read that spikes like that while on multiple BP Meds can be caused by kidney problems.

I hope they can figure it out!

My record high numbers are 246/113. My blood pressure has always been controlled by the low dose meds I am on. Now suddenly, it is blasting off for outer space!
I saw the cardiologist and progress is happening. Set up an echo. A stress test, and a mammogram. Got my dose of bp meds raised.
Thanks for asking. How are you?
Cap, how's your BP situation?

Nope, not true. I have always been interested in birds. I learned to use power tools when I was 12 so I could build bird houses.
That’s awesome!! I’ve always liked birds (and all animals, really) too. So I guess not true for me either 😁🤣 I just thought it was funny lol

Thanks! I should start using CBD. Does it seem to help with blood pressure?
I don't know the answer to this as my BP has always been normal/low. I think, though, it reduces body stress, so there's that.

Capricorn Farm -- Those are some high BP numbers. Any chance some is attributed to a severe case of White Coat Syndrome? I hope you get some resolution soon.

Thanks for all the well wishes, I saw the Cardiologist today. I was there for 2 hours! I am now scheduled for an echo, a stress test, and a mammogram ( not the Cardiologist's doing)
And he increased my BP meds to double what I was prescribed before.
I am checking hubby's BP machine against my BP cuff. Seems doctors never believe any BP machine that is not theirs. So far, the machines are very close . Highest reading so far is 249/128. Yikes!
You really need to get those numbers down! That is a stroke waiting to happen. When you check your pressure do you sit still for several minutes before you take it? Doctors recommend resting for at least 5 minutes before testing.

The pantry is stocked, the oil tank is filled, chickens fed, puppies napping.... Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Actually, the snow is here whether we are ready or not!!!
But it is a very good feeling seeing the chickens are well feathered so they can be outside.

Attachments

• PXL_20231205_223632309.jpg
    PXL_20231205_223632309.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom