@Supercow I got my hand on a Haskap shrub! - It will arrive tomorrow, its already in the Charleston distribution center.
1714062453111.png

So the smaller breed's ducklings need less time? - Interesting but plausible. So Pekin ducklings need 30 days? 😉
Don't know about Pekin, but Calls have a much shorter 'gestation', closer to chickens. I even read somewhere that Magpie take 21 days, but I can assure you that that is 💩 .

So with the weather looking promising for the weekend, i will figure out if it makes sense to pursue my latest business idea of selling nursery plants:
full

Basically the three rows in the back are ready to sell and if they sell for the price i am asking ($2 for pot, $4 for a 2x6 tray) it will pay for this year's cat-food. I have several kinds of tomato plants and some squashes and cucumbers. Do you think $2 for a 4-5" tomato is a fair price? - The usual stores sell them for 5-6$ but those are 7-8" tall…

Don't know about Pekin, but Calls have a much shorter 'gestation', closer to chickens. I even read somewhere that Magpie take 21 days, but I can assure you that that is 💩 .
I heart that Muscovie eggs need 35 days and Mules are somewhere in between. - That all makes sense, if you have ever seen how tiny call-duck ducklings are after they hatched. Goose eggs also need between 32 to 36 days and goslings are huge and heavy in comparison with duckies.

That reminds me: @Jenbirdee - How is Trudy Goose doing?

So with the weather looking promising for the weekend, i will figure out if it makes sense to pursue my latest business idea of selling nursery plants:
full

Basically the three rows in the back are ready to sell and if they sell for the price i am asking ($2 for pot, $4 for a 2x6 tray) it will pay for this year's cat-food. I have several kinds of tomato plants and some squashes and cucumbers. Do you think $2 for a 4-5" tomato is a fair price? - The usual stores sell them for 5-6$ but those are 7-8" tall…
This price seems very good. Slovenia has a much smaller average income than the US and when word got around I tend to grow large numbers of tomato plants people came to the door asking to buy. I was not ready for that so I just said well whatever you think is appropriate... And it was 2 EUR usually.

I heart that Muscovie eggs need 35 days and Mules are somewhere in between. - That all makes sense, if you have ever seen how tiny call-duck ducklings are after they hatched. Goose eggs also need between 32 to 36 days and goslings are huge and heavy in comparison with duckies.

That reminds me: @Jenbirdee - How is Trudy Goose doing?
"Hatching time varies from 36–45 days for ostrich eggs, 46–56 days for emu eggs, and 36–44 days for rhea eggs."

Seems legit...

full

Those are very reasonable prices.

🤔 Maybe I'll start doing that next year, if I manage to get a greenhouse going. Between me, three cats, a large dog, two incubators and various brooders full of bird babies, I don't have room in the trailer to grow plants! :lau

Back
Top Bottom