:frow Good morning Patti, have a great day
:frow Good morning Silkster, have a great day

We will all continue to worry until we hear from him.
I’m horrible at screen names but there’s a friend that he has and would frequently talk about going to her house/his family meeting up with her family and she’d come on here every once in a while. I may have to check back through his posts to find it. Does anyone remember her screen name? Maybe we could tag or message her?

I’m horrible at screen names but there’s a friend that he has and would frequently talk about going to her house/his family meeting up with her family and she’d come on here every once in a while. I may have to check back through his posts to find it. Does anyone remember her screen name? Maybe we could tag or message her?
:frow Good morning Tooshay, have a great day. I don't remember either.

Need a bit of help, my two female ducks decided to go broody together. Of course they chose to lay in the chickens nest box.. Today, I believe day 15 of incubation, my Guinea hen decided to lay in the nest box, and cracked her own egg when I got in to chase her out. The yolk got on 3/4 of the duck eggs. 2 out of the 4 have a brown spot near the air cell. I'm not sure what this means, of or if it even means anything. Is their anything that can happen? Can I move the nest?

Need a bit of help, my two female ducks decided to go broody together. Of course they chose to lay in the chickens nest box.. Today, I believe day 15 of incubation, my Guinea hen decided to lay in the nest box, and cracked her own egg when I got in to chase her out. The yolk got on 3/4 of the duck eggs. 2 out of the 4 have a brown spot near the air cell. I'm not sure what this means, of or if it even means anything. Is their anything that can happen? Can I move the nest?
:frow Hi kendra, have a great day. I'll defer to Patti as I know nothing about broodies.

Kendra did you wipe the eggs off? Just with a dry paper towel? I’d at least get the nasty egg shavings out so flies don’t start getting in there that wouldn’t be good for the ducklings. I just had to move a broody hen from her nest with her eggs to a more secure area inside the coop where the rest of the chickens can’t get to her they were wanting to take her eggs over. She settled right in. Ducks can be a little more finicky so you can try to move the nest or just replace the bedding.

Back
Top Bottom