I'm avoiding crowds and working from home as much as possible, but yes, we have been very lucky. Last I looked, your northern states were doing better than NSW and Victoria, and I can see why they would have acted promptly on sneaky interstate "boat repairs"!
Yes! I am in NSW (just north of the centre) and we are pretty annoyed the premier opened our boarders to VIC for the last school holidays as all the other states refused because of the new outbreak. But as it turns out the case that reignited the spread here was actually a truck driver from VIC who would have been allowed in anyway. Atleast NSW has taken it more seriously than VIC and after a couple weeks got our daily cases back to single digits. It'd only take one infected tourist to come through my town and wipe us out, our people just think they are invincible.

So how are everyone's birdies? My surviving ducks are still surviving. One is limping quite badly. However, it is now Friday evening, and the dog attack happened in the early hours of Tuesday morning, so each night they pull through gives me more confidence that they will recover.

Doing well here too. My babies have been spending lots of time outside during the day.
20200824_081426.jpg

My birdies are all good its the other critters that are giving me fits. The cat did a load of laundry yesterday. I have a front control washer, which he has turned off before but this was the first time he started a load. DH and I were sitting in the living room and I asked if when his load was done, I could start mine. He said I'm not doing laundry, you are. Off to the laundry room where there were just a few clothes in the washer that I had thrown in the day before merrily washing away. I had to rewash them. Darn cat forgot the soap! :rant
Also Armadillos have been tearing up my landscaping.

My birdies are all good its the other critters that are giving me fits. The cat did a load of laundry yesterday. I have a front control washer, which he has turned off before but this was the first time he started a load. DH and I were sitting in the living room and I asked if when his load was done, I could start mine. He said I'm not doing laundry, you are. Off to the laundry room where there were just a few clothes in the washer that I had thrown in the day before merrily washing away. I had to rewash them. Darn cat forgot the soap! :rant
Also Armadillos have been tearing up my landscaping.
I was so ready for a story like that! Best wishes to your cat. It has given me a good laugh!
Also, no armadillos here. I didn't realise they could cause mischief in the yard.

Back
Top Bottom