What’s going on why red feet

morganbaby19

Hatching
Mar 22, 2024
Do I just came it to do another clean and water change I have never seen this before does anyone have any idea what’s going on ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 20
That’s a new one to me...
Do you have a thermometer in your brooder?
Heat lamp, heat plate - is it in the house, or outside (and in what kind of a building [barn, shop, garage, shed, coop...?])
Do their feet feel cold?

That’s a new one to me...
Do you have a thermometer in your brooder?
Heat lamp, heat plate - is it in the house, or outside (and in what kind of a building [barn, shop, garage, shed, coop...?])
Do their feet feel cold?
They are in side I have like a heater&brooder thing they are in a tub. And no not usually it was because they spilled there water and I didn’t have the heater goin because it was 95 in there so I turned it off for a little bit

They all of red feet besides my ducks that have black feet.
i found some older threads on here where people said it’s normal that means they have healthy veins in their feet. They’re probably too warm if it was 95 in there how old are they? It should never be 95 I start my day olde duckling at 85 go down to 80 at one week old , then down to 75 at two weeks old and so on. The brooder should have a warm side and a cool side.

Are you using a chicken waterer? Are you having a hard time keeping it clean and dry? I ask because it looks like it might be nitrogen burn. Standing in wet, dirty shavings can burn their feet.
If you think that might be it, you need to get rid of that waterer. Instead, use a plastic container with a plastic lid with holes cut out of the lid, similar to your feeder. You can also use a feeder filled with water. It also helps to put the waterer on a tray covered with mesh to I catch the water.

Back
Top Bottom