What did you do in the garden today?

I am literally making Dutch oven sourdough right now. It's the best.

My last loaf. My bestie and I share bread photos lol.
View attachment 3810983View attachment 3810984
Beautiful rise on that sourdough!

Anyone motivated to try their hand at sourdough, go to the baking thread (Any Home Bakers Here?) and let it be known you are interested. Our resident sourdough expert, @ronott1, will gladly send you a dried starter with instructions. Most of us over there are baking with his starter and loving it. He will also send you the history of his starter.

Trying to take it a little easier today. I noticed the wind blowing the cover on the peach tree around so I removed it. Except cor the buds and blooms that were knocked off by the cover the tree has seemed to do well through last night’s freeze. One more night of frost before warmer temps move in. There are a lot of open blossoms and unopened buds that should provide a good harvest. I watered the sugar snap peas that are emerging along with the asparagus, kale and radishes. Since I ran my errands earlier today I should be able to get back to working on the old chicken coop cleaning and repairs tomorrow. There are enough pea plants up so I can plant the lettuce starts between the rows.

I forgot to post these pictures I took after removing the cover.

IMG_6660.jpeg
IMG_6659.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom