Pics

EColson15

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2016
Alright my chicken peeps, hubby and I went to Rural King today mostly because I just wanted to. Anyway, they have baby chicks out year round now, and I can’t resist. Had to look. So they had a bin of “sapphire gem” and they are blue. We have looked and looked online and can’t find anything. What the heck is a sapphire gem chicken? Or do we just have some random blue chickens?

Attachments

• 8C5BD3FA-079B-43E6-BCA4-F983E871DE2A.jpeg
    8C5BD3FA-079B-43E6-BCA4-F983E871DE2A.jpeg
    774 KB · Views: 1,421
  • 705303F6-1E9A-4D11-9AF9-1C44EA684C58.jpeg
    705303F6-1E9A-4D11-9AF9-1C44EA684C58.jpeg
    562.2 KB · Views: 873
Alright my chicken peeps, hubby and I went to Rural King today mostly because I just wanted to. Anyway, they have baby chicks out year round now, and I can’t resist. Had to look. So they had a bin of “sapphire gem” and they are blue. We have looked and looked online and can’t find anything. What the heck is a sapphire gem chicken? Or do we just have some random blue chickens?
Apparently they are sex links that when mature lay a brown egg.

https://hoovershatchery.com/sapphiregem.html

Black sexlink but now in blue? I wish they had a picture of the males.

Went back to Google, and one of the hatcheries had a very small picture of a rooster. I could not get it to enlarge, but it appeared to be a lighter blue with perhaps bronze leakage in the hackles, saddle, and wing coverlets.

Went back to Google, and one of the hatcheries had a very small picture of a rooster. I could not get it to enlarge, but it appeared to be a lighter blue with perhaps bronze leakage in the hackles, saddle, and wing coverlets.
I was assuming they used barring but maybe not. Wonder if it's wing sexable instead of by color?

Back
Top Bottom