➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

It's now been 24 hours since this one cracked the shell.
I chipped away a little and poked a hole in the membrane a few hours ago.
Taking the pictures was close to impossible so forgive me if they aren't the best.

I see him moving in the air cell.
I can feel him moving when I hold the egg and I can hear him pecking at the shell still but I can not tell where he is pecking at.
I see a lot of red just to the right of this hole.

Do I continue to wait? I think I should wait but now I'm second guessing everything I think because I really don't want this one to die...unless he is just not meant to be.
Screenshot_20190101-180423.png
Screenshot_20190101-180401.png
Screenshot_20190101-180339.png

It's now been 24 hours since this one cracked the shell.
I chipped away a little and poked a hole in the membrane a few hours ago.
Taking the pictures was close to impossible so forgive me if they aren't the best.

I see him moving in the air cell.
I can feel him moving when I hold the egg and I can hear him pecking at the shell still but I can not tell where he is pecking at.
I see a lot of red just to the right of this hole.

Do I continue to wait? I think I should wait but now I'm second guessing everything I think because I really don't want this one to die...unless he is just not meant to be.View attachment 1630581 View attachment 1630582 View attachment 1630583

Considering the others, I’d break the whole cap off, moisten the membrane and see how the blood vessels look. Also make sure the beak is clear. Then decide whether to remove any membrane.

At least to about this point.
IMG_2272.JPG

Back
Top Bottom