➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I had 40 eggs ready to go in. I now have 50+ but I'm limiting myself to only two turner rails which holds 40 eggs.

This will be my second fertility check run. I AM setting them some time today.

It doesn't take long for them to add up when the hens are laying good. I have enough to make a gallon jar of pickled eggs, 6 pints and a quart pickled in the fridge now and I gave the lady down the street 125 hatching eggs for Christmas. :lol:

It doesn't take long for them to add up when the hens are laying good. I have enough to make a gallon jar of pickled eggs, 6 pints and a quart pickled in the fridge now and I gave the lady down the street 125 hatching eggs for Christmas. :lol:
If I didn't refrigerate my eggs I could fill these rails easily but I couldn't house that many.
I might go ahead and add a third rail though.
Might.
I'm getting things ready now. Just testing to see what they look like....some are too big for this rail.:barnie
JPEG_20190102_074751_3552077415879574658.jpg
IMG_20190102_074824.jpg

If I didn't refrigerate my eggs I could fill these rails easily but I couldn't house that many.
I might go ahead and add a third rail though.
Might.
I'm getting things ready now. Just testing to see what they look like....some are too big for this rail.:barnieView attachment 1631042 View attachment 1631043

Yes, add the third rail.

Those are some big quail eggs. Or the rails are small. :eek:

I should have dated each damn egg so I can see how many from each day are fertile this time.

I kinda have an idea on some that I labeled 2...I just collected now.
The ones were collected yesterday and the day before.
The 3 Was are ones I washed.
The rest were collected a few days ago.

I'm going to start dating all eggs from now on until I know for sure how many hens are getting mated.

Back
Top Bottom