āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Yes, pictures are a must. I love baby rabbits. :bun
I think they might be here!? The fur wasn't there earlier. I'm afraid to look in case I scare her. How long do I wait!? Do I take the box out to look?
KIMG4207.JPG

I think they might be here!? The fur wasn't there earlier. I'm afraid to look in case I scare her. How long do I wait!? Do I take the box out to look?
View attachment 1653627

I vote for patience...let them finish hatching if they've arrived. How many days incubating?

View attachment 1653627

Watch the doe and make sure she is finished. Or if she has started. Does can pull hair hours before kindling. You will see the babies wiggling in the hair. Once she is finished you can take the box out and look at them. :pop

Quail donā€™t like ramps, correct?
I have an 8ā€™x2ā€™ double rabbit hutch with boxes on each end. Granted Iā€™ve removed the wire and doors/walls, but those boxes are nice for housing, and... well, Iā€™d want to put in a ramp to allow them to get down to the ground.
I haven't tried a ramp yet but I would guess they'd figure it out ... eventually.

Back
Top Bottom