āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Anyone using a rotisserie? I feel like I need a quail rotisserie or smoker in my life..
I have smoked duck, turkey, and chicken; among other non-fowl meats. I'm thinking about smoking some quail already. I'll be culling in mid-March. Weather might be warm enough then to run the smoker. Spatchcock, brine overnight, smoke on apple and oak, baste with either a vinegar mop sauce or something sweet like orange glaze, then crisp the skin quickly over the hot coals to finish... I'm already dreaming of the taste.

^^^ listen here smarty pants :old:old
I'm laughing because for 1. I don't think they make quail size rotisseries. 2. Would it be cost effective? 3. How many times a year would you actually use it, after the 'novelty' wore off? To each their own, though!

I'm laughing because for 1. I don't think they make quail size rotisseries. 2. Would it be cost effective? 3. How many times a year would you actually use it, after the 'novelty' wore off? To each their own, though!
you could spatchcock them and place them in a rotisserie basket. That would serve multiple purposes as well. I like to cook fish and some vegetables in a rotisserie basket.

something like this:
th

Back
Top Bottom