āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Beautiful!

Does #2's coloring differ from #5? They both look red range to me but I fully believe I can't see them well.

#4 looks like she might be blue as well!
#2 is very close to same red as #5 #4 is more dilute? similar to my january baby
the overhead lights are out in the shed and they all look similar under the red heat lamp so i kept grabbing the reds out for pics!! they were not happy with me!!

Pansy keeps getting described as a "chocolate Manchurian." NOW I see it! Great mottled look on that one.

I don't have any chocolates, @muddy75 and @cosmosue have to figure out what's up there.

Speaking of, dont you have a batch hatching cosmo?
iā€™ve seen it described that way too....(i think at kcquail) I personally would describe it more as ā€œcalicoā€

So are you saying that even though number 2 has that much white it would not be considered a tuxedo?

No no, I would just call it a red range tuxedo vs. rosetta tuxedo. This is more art than science and everything is debated, though xD

#2 is very close to same red as #5 #4 is more dilute? similar to my january baby
the overhead lights are out in the shed and they all look similar under the red heat lamp so i kept grabbing the reds out for pics!! they were not happy with me!!

I just had a red range + blue baby born, looks exactly the same. Have to get some good pics. Most of my blues carry red genes too actually so they have that sandy undertone and sometimes look reddish as chicks.

(Blue = silver, same gene, different expression, possibly due to gender. Just slightly darker).

No no, I would just call it a red range tuxedo vs. rosetta tuxedo. This is more art than science and everything is debated, though xD

I just had a red range + blue baby born, looks exactly the same. Have to get some good pics. Most of my blues carry red genes too actually so they have that sandy undertone and sometimes look reddish as chicks.

(Blue = silver, same gene, different expression, possibly due to gender. Just slightly darker).

oh since we are in a color discussion.....just received an announcement today that next sunday myshire is releasing new color (never sold before) [now iā€™m not sure if never sold by anyone or just not by them] but I will definitely be there for the release and keep you guys updated!!

oh since we are in a color discussion.....just received an announcement today that next sunday myshire is releasing new color (never sold before) [now iā€™m not sure if never sold by anyone or just not by them] but I will definitely be there for the release and keep you guys updated!!

Yay! Good muddy! Be our hot new trending color predictor :lau

I am about to start a thread on the silver/blue gene. I have 8 specimens now and I know a few of you have even more so y'all gotta wrangle your chick pics, adult pics, inheritance understanding, parentage info, offspring info, anything ya got.

The only thing I know about coturnix genes now is that I know almost nothing.

I think fancy colored birds are catching on to the point that we can collectively change that now with *a few* things. There is a lot of info that's been professionally researched, but a LOT more missing or just not dissected enough by the public to be common knowledge.

Like, there are studies on the silver gene! Why are there no mentions of the possible sexual dimorphism (at least not in publically accessible material)? I have only found references to it in ancient byc threads by breeders I can no longer contact. :rant

I've had nine of those birds total and five definitely fit the pattern, two I think do but can't confirm quite yet, and two are just a confusing shade and I'm not sure about.

Ooh, in other news, I definitely have two lavenders and a nice pearl-fee! Thank goodness because I was done throwing money at that problem. In the former case I believe they're both hens and it's recessive:barnie but oh well. They're gorgeous birds and true-breeding non-lethal grey-types are worth the work.

Lavenders, blues, charcoals, silvers, etc are all from the SS Collection, but you can't get them separately from basically anyone. I would like to change that!

Back
Top Bottom