āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

DO NOT do a staggered hatch, it's torture!!!! :old

My chicken eggs have another 10fays before lockdown.. so happy to have the autoturner back doing the job for me!
Lol
I'm not don't worry.
:lau

:fl ahh just do it Coturnix!

I need to seriously think about raising rabbits. I planned to catch wild ones on the out newly acquired patch of land.. but council releases a bunch of viruses to get the populations under control, so they won't be fit for feeding the doggies :th

It's stupudly a pointless me raising birds that the woofers can't eat. I don't even like to eat birds or eggs.. so what on earth led me here I don't know :lau:lau

Sounds like great wildlife management :rolleyes:

Erghh. I love my birds, but the meat:death ratio is depressing. I think I will *mostly* be only culling extra roos and hatching to sell chicks.

77890B8A-C30F-4930-9992-7EA6AF43A470.jpeg 5D0CEC7B-5478-43B5-91ED-AD684947BFCB.jpeg
yes iā€™m watching them closely....itā€™s around 96 under the light and 90 at the cool end currently. they are settling in and napping better now
Much happier now!! :love:love

Remind me...how many quail are you wanting to brood?

I just ordered this incubator, which ought to be plenty for me. Itā€™s the
IncuViewā„¢ All-In-One Automatic Egg Incubator Advanced Combo Kit
4CC1E601-7A20-418D-A317-008B563201B8.jpeg

Itā€™s advertised to hold 49 quail eggs. Looks like 30 is what I can order from either KCQuail or MyShire. I want the jumbos, so it probably wouldnā€™t do 49 in any case. Not sure when Iā€™ll pull the plug and order eggs.

Weā€™re supposed to get 2ft+ of snow here, starting in the wee hours and through Thursday. Iā€™m gonna wait a couple of days for sure. (sigh) ā€œBut itā€™s so not FAIR!!!ā€ she wailed petulantly. I keep waiting for them to revise downward or southward or northward but Noooo. Itā€™s coming straight at right here where I am sitting talking to you. Lucky the gas guy finally got out here. We have a generator. I guess weā€™ll live...

Attachments

• D8E35EA8-51CC-4534-93A2-E0A744DD6D83.jpeg
    D8E35EA8-51CC-4534-93A2-E0A744DD6D83.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 6
I just ordered this incubator, which ought to be plenty for me. Itā€™s the
IncuViewā„¢ All-In-One Automatic Egg Incubator Advanced Combo Kit
View attachment 1699876

Itā€™s advertised to hold 49 quail eggs. Looks like 30 is what I can order from either KCQuail or MyShire. I want the jumbos, so it probably wouldnā€™t do 49 in any case. Not sure when Iā€™ll pull the plug and order eggs.

Weā€™re supposed to get 2ft+ of snow here, starting in the wee hours and through Thursday. Iā€™m gonna wait a couple of days for sure. (sigh) ā€œBut itā€™s so not FAIR!!!ā€ she wailed petulantly. I keep waiting for them to revise downward or southward or northward but Noooo. Itā€™s coming straight at right here where I am sitting talking to you. Lucky the gas guy finally got out here. We have a generator. I guess weā€™ll live...
I really want my next quail hatch to be Jumbos too and maybe a couple Pearl.

I started quail for meat but I'm thinking I need a few pet Pearls too.

Back
Top Bottom