➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Had an egg pip day before yesterday and no progress has been made so I’m assuming it died...noticed the membrane around the pip is black/dark brown; is it possible it pipped through a blood vessel that hadn’t receded yet and bled to death?
It probably wasn't meant to be would be my guess.
And yes I think they can screw themselves up when they pip through a blood vessel the dummies.

It probably wasn't meant to be would be my guess.
And yes I think they can screw themselves up when they pip through a blood vessel the dummies.

I have had both things happen and they can look kind of similar from the outside until you start poking around.

I have not had chicks pipped that long and needing a lot of assistance that did not have other problems, @FunOnABun . I am sorry! You are still doing great. How many cheepers?

I have had both things happen and they can look kind of similar from the outside until you start poking around.

I have not had chicks pipped that long and needing a lot of assistance that did not have other problems, @FunOnABun . I am sorry! You are still doing great. How many cheepers?

Five so far (four in brooder, one drying in incubator, all doing great), one that has been a little more than pipped (but not quite unzipping) since yesterday afternoon (she is alive, breathing and resting when I last checked at 11am) so I may be assisting her tonight/early tomorrow if she hasn’t progressed. Two more with tiny hairline pips/wiggles. Hoping for 9.

I had not planned for just how gosh darn cute these little turds are...I am hooked! One even did it’s first popcorn jump this morning!

Five so far (four in brooder, one drying in incubator, all doing great), one that has been a little more than pipped (but not quite unzipping) since yesterday afternoon (she is alive, breathing and resting when I last checked at 11am) so I may be assisting her tonight/early tomorrow if she hasn’t progressed. Two more with tiny hairline pips/wiggles. Hoping for 9.

I had not planned for just how gosh darn cute these little turds are...I am hooked! One even did it’s first popcorn jump this morning!
:ya

All that's needed is 2 bators, a incubator and a hatcher. Stager setting eggs ever 4 days
I would like to point out for the record, you are evil. In the most respectful way possible. I hope you understand.

:lau

Kiki - there is a $75 incubator with forced air on craigslist that I need you to buy so I don't. :D

Next week is 8 weeks for Batch #1. Eggs any day now. Any day. I'll guess the cold snap coming this weekend will push it out another couple of weeks. :hmm

Back
Top Bottom