āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

All 3 of my cabinet bators were full. When that happens I have 5 foam bators that I use. It was a foam bator that I had modified and had been working flawlessly....only thing I can really point to is the room temp was too low for the bator to keep up and just remaind on, instead of cutting off ...the old mercury thermometers in the bator were reading 105Ā°F, the digital reading on the bator was reading 90Ā°F. As soon as I got the temp in the room back to 72Ā°F the temps stayed constant at 100Ā°F which is the temp I run my bators at....easyer than trying to keep on at 99.5Ā°F.

:eek:That is a lot of incubators!

I've thought about a cabinet model but can't justify the expense since I don't hatch 100s of eggs. I'm thinking about starting a side hustle with my sons gf to sell chicks each Spring so that may change :idunno

:eek:That is a lot of incubators!

I've thought about a cabinet model but can't justify the expense since I don't hatch 100s of eggs. I'm thinking about starting a side hustle with my sons gf to sell chicks each Spring so that may change :idunno
Yeah, cabinet's are definitely better than foam bators. I have 1 GQF Sportsman Model 1200, had it since the late 70's . I built 2 GQF 'knockoffs' , have 2 LG, 2 Farm Innovators, 1 Hovabator, and 1 Nurture Rite. Plus, 2 repurposed hatchers, I built wooden boxes and gutted 2 of the old LG's I had that wouldn't keep temp anymore and made hatchers with the heating elements and thermostat.

Yeah, cabinet's are definitely better than foam bators. I have 1 GQF Sportsman Model 1200, had it since the late 70's . I built 2 GQF 'knockoffs' , have 2 LG, 2 Farm Innovators, 1 Hovabator, and 1 Nurture Rite. Plus, 2 repurposed hatchers, I built wooden boxes and gutted 2 of the old LG's I had that wouldn't keep temp anymore and made hatchers with the heating elements and thermostat.

I was looking at the sportsman model. If we actually make any bucks I'll at least add a hatcher eventually.

20190319_043148_Burst01_Signature.jpg

I removed the hatched eggs to give them more room in there. A few more were pipped and a couple were zipping.

I was looking at the sportsman model. If we actually make any bucks I'll at least add a hatcher eventually.
You can usually find used ones on Craigslist. The newer model not so much but the old 1200 1202 models, I see quite often...actually I like the older models but the newer ones are easier to clean.

Oh, you got that humidifier kit from Incubator Warehouse?

Yup. I added it after the eggs started incubating though.

The tube is corrugated and expands which then collects water. I noticed water dripped in the bator and changed the setup a little so it's not so much now. More so with the higher humidity for lockdown.

20190318_050418_Burst01_Signature.jpg

Back
Top Bottom