➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Argh!!! The water reservoir was empty. I just refilled it last night!
At what point do I panic and assume that everyone is shrink-wrapped?
I need more sleep. :th:barnie
they usually don’t shrink wrap unless the lid is opened....don’t panic just yet.....my timing was off on my app and slower to hatch this time, but I came home today to 5 quail out, 2 working on it and more pips both quail and chicken! and as I anticipated, one of the quail chicks crawled up to nap in the empty chicken shell!! The chick looks giant compared to my quail babies!!! @Texas Kiki 1 yeller chicken and 1 yeller quail so far!! :lovepics to come soon!!

Argh!!! The water reservoir was empty. I just refilled it last night!
At what point do I panic and assume that everyone is shrink-wrapped?
I need more sleep. :th:barnie
Never. I wouldn't about shrink wrapping at all.

I have a new layer!

She is only 11.5 weeks old.
:barnie
Is she the first of her siblings/batch to lay?

I glanced in the incubator while cooking dinner, made note of where the puffball was hanging out this time, and turned back to the stove... and then realized that I had seen TWO heads on it. WHAT??
Oh. There are two babies now. :p

They seem to be absolutely determined that I won’t get to watch any of them hatch. :rolleyes: I’ve gotta stop hovering!:he

72B25644-E7FE-4844-A6B3-AE22F1BF8591.jpeg
77683DAA-1C80-4284-8EFD-E58259BB7B39.jpeg
@Texas Kiki nekkid boy is getting wing feathers but still no light colored feathers. I had a blonde one that was al ost nekkid too but she doesn’t have any dark feathers. Will be interesting to see how they mature.

Wow, he is extra extra nekkid. :eek:
Yeah, but he is hardy! He is always up and running around with the rest of them. Stands TALL. He is a runner coturnix. LOL

I'm a little worried about what to do with them when I move them out to the brooder Sunday. I think in addition to the heat lamp I'll put a brooder plate in with them as well. Historically my quail have been too stupid to use a mama heating pad.

Back
Top Bottom