➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

View attachment 1736448 This is the most recent pic without much poop. :sick They sure mess up the brooder faster than the 1-3 I had before! :rolleyes:

So my (almost) final count: 16 babies in the brooder (number of the day I guess, lol) and one still in the incubator that I don’t think will make it.
2 died after pipping. Most of the rest seem to have quit just before absorbing the yolk.
So 16 out of the 28 I started. Not what I’d hoped of course, but much better than last time! Wish I knew exactly what happened with the 9. :hmm

I’m such a worry wort. When I was a kid I thought I’d outgrow it. When that didn’t work, I assumed I’d calm down after being a mom for a few years. Alas. Then I realized that when my husband expressed his lack of worry, intending to console my excessive worry, I often felt really frustrated instead of comforted... ‘How dare he not care!’ Wait...Oh no.:th I think worrying must be my “love language” :barnie
Hah! I had 45 in my brooder. Currently I have 40 on wire. Now that's a mess bunch of birds...

I love the quail newborn stage. When I reach my hand into the brooder, they swarm around me and try to climb my fingers and peck at me in curiosity. :love
By a few days old the previous batch ran away in a panic every time I reached in to refill food and water. :(:rolleyes:

View attachment 1736448I’m such a worry wort. When I was a kid I thought I’d outgrow it. When that didn’t work, I assumed I’d calm down after being a mom for a few years. Alas. Then I realized that when my husband expressed his lack of worry, intending to console my excessive worry, I often felt really frustrated instead of comforted... ‘How dare he not care!’ Wait...Oh no.:th I think worrying must be my “love language” :barnie
How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie totally changed my life. Kind of pricey at Amazon, but there were some used ones for less. Worth it in any case.

I actually stole those marbles from the kids’ failed sea monkeys tank. (The box didn’t say you need the water to be 80° for them to hatch :rolleyes:)
But THEY stole the marbles from the game shelf. By the end of the year, those marbles will have been used for just about everything EXCEPT for a marbles game. :p

I thought the marbleous waterer was amazing. I’m jealous. I just have the flat clear ones from Hobby Lobby.

Here is a video of them hatching. The wrong ender still hasn’t progressed yet. Is there supposed to be so many colors in Tibetan chicks? I see yellow, black, striped, tuxedo looking, dark rusty colored......

Shaa!
Maybe you got a mix which included Tibetan?

Back
Top Bottom