➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

All this talk of egg trickery with advertising makes me very wary
Anytime I talked to the owner he was very informative and I didn’t smell anything that stunk if you know what I’m saying. I’d say he’s a young entrepreneur who is trying to build his business the best way he knows how but isn’t perfect. ;) Not everyone can be perfect like me....:gig
:highfive:
Let's just hope it develops fine now. I doubt want an upside down chick that cannot get to the air sac. What a shame that would be.
I’ve had eggs hatch at the wrong end! So I wouldn’t sweat it. :hugs

Anytime I talked to the owner he was very informative and I didn’t smell anything that stunk if you know what I’m saying. I’d say he’s a young entrepreneur who is trying to build his business the best way he knows how but isn’t perfect. ;) Not everyone can be perfect like me....:gig

I’ve had eggs hatch at the wrong end! So I wouldn’t sweat it. :hugs

Oh yeah, I don't think anyone's being intentionally misleading, maybe just not as clear as they could be about the "+ more" part.

Down to 24 quail. One managed to drown itself in the marble filled waterer last night. :idunno
At what point do they stop committing suicide?

....never? :/

:woot

One of the youngsters from my silver male is a snowie! He definitely definitely carries pearl-fee genes in addition to silver.

Except now there's the mystery of why pearl+silver looks silver on one bird and snowie on the other.
Depends on how strong the melanin gene is or how dominate.

Depends on how strong the melanin gene is or how dominate.

Yeah, and mom is from a radically different bloodline so she could be the key for it expressing in the babies, who knows. She's a golden Italian throwing beautiful clean pearls when all I got from the clean pearl parents were italian-types. :rolleyes:

I am not splitting that pair up for anything, but just added her pharoah cousin in to the mix so hopefully that will give more clarity on who is doing what.

Porter’s Rare Heritage Turkeys sells poults (not eggs) that are hoped to be the color advertised, but not guaranteed. Here’s a link https://www.porterturkeys.com/tblu (If you’re curious about the other varieties, there’s a link at the top for 2019 poults.) I chose this link to share because it’s for one of their color varieties that throws many possible colors of poults. They do a much better job of explaining what the buyer should expect than MyShire does, I think.

Having looked at the MyShire website, I’d have expected all the babies hatched to be the advertised color, but I think it’s a failure to communicate well rather than an intent to deceive. I wondered what their “and more” meant; now I understand. I’m guessing Zach knows so much about quails at this point that he’s forgotten that not everyone knows not to expect a 100% true-to-variety hatch when he says “and more”.

Moved my quailbies to a bigger brooder today. Most of them are choosing to hide under the hot plate, but a few are running and popping. Bonus, no more daily clean out, no more stink in the house.
IMG_20190416_160525.jpg

IMG_20190416_160637.jpg

Back
Top Bottom