āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

my splash silkie has gone full broody!! this is my first time dealing with this situation.... @Texas Kiki.....can I discuss and ask questions here or should I start a new thread??

i started a new thread and tagged wyorprock and aart......all advice welcome!!!

Last edited:
my splash silkie has gone full broody!! this is my first time dealing with this situation.... @Texas Kiki.....can I discuss and ask questions here or should I start a new thread??

Um... Give her something to hatch?

You never have to ask me.
We all can talk about anything here.

About damn time.
:celebrate
I know, right!?!
12 weeks old. No supplemental lights. 30% protein. 4 hens & a rooster from Batch #1.

Batch #2 hit 9 weeks. 6 girls and 4 boys. Will pare down this weekend. I'm intrigued by the 12 week older birds and flavor.

Trying to decide if I want egg layers or meat more for Batch #2. On a different note, chicken egg customer wants quail eggs. His daughter calls them baby eggs. Is craigslist the best pricing reference? I know, supply & demand and all that. They are advertised from $2 to $4 a dozen. The chicken eggs are $4 a dozen. Seems odd, but I've seen odder and it supports my fowl habit.

MyShire is $4 a dozen eating eggs. Hmmm.

Back
Top Bottom