➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Muddy, what's the temperature in the shed?
it’s not heated but usually stay 5-10* warmer than outside temp. since lows not dipping much below 60, I have changed my brooder light out there to a 60W bulb and 2 week olds are doing fine same babies in the house. it took us so long to find the button when it got loose because those little guys are FAST and my shed reorganization project needs attention!! he had wiggled around all the shelves and moved to the garage side where we were able to net him. hubby had already closed off all the holes quail were able to get back through from the outside run.

Last edited:
Aviary frame.....we need to finish hw cloth under the deck, complete the gate, stretch netting (smaller than current chicken net) and secure a couple areas at ground level between stairs and gate. Rain supposed to be over until tomorrow afternoon.

Attachments

• B74F4018-7F40-4414-91D8-28F0033DB1D3.jpeg
    B74F4018-7F40-4414-91D8-28F0033DB1D3.jpeg
    750.8 KB · Views: 12
Aviary frame.....we need to finish hw cloth under the deck, complete the gate, stretch netting (smaller than current chicken net) and secure a couple areas at ground level between stairs and gate. Rain supposed to be over until tomorrow afternoon.

That looks amazing. I am so excited to see it completed!

Just put 47 Coturnix Quail eggs into lock down:wee 19 Jumbo browns and 28 Texas A&M from JMF!!:jumpy

:ya

I thought this was too funny not to share. I will be potting rabbits this afternoon.

http://rabbittalk.com/how-to-pot-up-a-rabbit-t6566.html

I have some asshole male bobwhites, can I clip their wings so the can’t chase others quite as fast? I don’t plan on keeping those long term but I don’t want to butcher them right now either.
Try it.
I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom