➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

That’s awesome!!! Do you like them?? I guess you must since you have gotten so many of them??

The absolute only issue ever reported was a bit more color contamination in specific batches of colors than expected. Everyone seems to have had great experiences for the most part (and I think they have more volume of overall and BYC user reviews than most!), and if you already want a big assortment I think they're absolutely the best place to order from. If you want super super specific colors and only those colors I might look at KC or JMF (who also both have good reviews, but I just don't know as many people who've ordered from them).

Disclaimer: have never ordered from them (or the other two breeders listed), just paid attention to feedback from other members.

Ohhh didn't celadons come out of that guys flock too?

I think (?) JMF imported his lines into the US and then found that single celadon hen and worked to create lines based off her.

It was around-ish but mostly in labs and wasn't really available anywhere in the US (or maybe commercially, but it may have been in europe or asia) before then .

I think (?) JMF imported his lines into the US and then found that single celadon hen and worked to create lines based off her.

It was around-ish but mostly in labs and wasn't really available anywhere in the US (or maybe commercially, but it may have been in europe or asia) before then .
Intriguinggggg. I need silver celadon layers :clap

This is what he told me himself :)

we took off early today and marked a couple more yard projects off our list! down to painting and staining the seasoned wood and finishing landscaping!! I only got 1 more quail egg today. we had some extra straw that I put in a couple corners of the aviary and the quail are loving it!! so I guess I will have to keep a little in there for them!! I also brought the 2 week olds (in their cage) out to the deck for a couple hours of sunshine!

If you want a bad fertility rate, I set 54 turkey eggs and only ended up with 8 fertile eggs. Of those 8, two looked like late quitters at lockdown. Six hatched yesterday and are now in the brooder. The two late quitters are still late quitters.

My tom is very picky about which hens he will breed for the first month of the season.
I had similar experince with my pheasants, set 50, 17 hatched, 3 of the 17 were 'failure to thrive', 18 died early, 10 died late, 5 infertile. But this is generally what happens at the beginning of the season.

I had similar experince with my pheasants, set 50, 17 hatched, 3 of the 17 were 'failure to thrive', 18 died early, 10 died late, 5 infertile. But this is generally what happens at the beginning of the season.
In my case, it is due to this specific tom. He has his favorites and absolutely will not breed the other hens until they are the only ones available to breed. I have never had this situation with any other toms.

Hey everybody. I have been busy lately but been trying to keep up here when possible. Hoping to set some quail eggs soon. I've been through 2 brooders of chickens since I hatched the 60 quail for my friend.

About a month ago a coworker came up with some guinea eggs so what the heck. I set them. They are supposed to hatch day after tomorrow. :eek:

guinea.jpeg

Hi all. I’ve been reading posts for days (and days) trying to glean wisdom for my first hatch. I’m gearing up to set the eggs tomorrow and am just trying not to over think things too much. My biggest concern at the moment is making sure my temperature is accurate enough. Going to try a few more testing rounds tonight with thermometers I already own and see what happens.

Any last minute advice?

Back
Top Bottom