āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

I'm going to butt in and say that I am going to set around 40 coturnix eggs on the 29th of this month, they should hatch on the 15th of June I think. My first time hatching quail, any suggestions? And does anyone want to set with me?:)
Sounds wonderful. Order of 40 myshire jumbos will ship that week and planning on setting them around the 29th. Sounds like a date! Starting a new thread or keeping this one going?

The egg added on the second day is cracked. Iā€™ll fix it tomorrow, and look again for veining in another day or two. Five eggs are developing, including this gorgeous egg!
7AE26EE8-B34F-471E-A42D-C4B2A19D88BC.jpeg
One more is just too spotted to see into.

:confused: I still cannot understand the point in misting. Just another ā€œwhatever works for youā€ thing.
I had a BBB turkey hen hatch goose eggs. She didn't mist them and they hatched fine. Of course she being the big clumsy oaf that she was, she immediately stepped on them.

:lau I am not telling Duckling that thereā€™s already eggs in the incubator. She thinks itā€™s empty. I might tell her this coming Wednesday, or Iā€™ll just wait until they are in lockdown the following week. I think I mentioned that I am putting the incubator in the hallway outside our rooms for lockdown.
Meanwhile, she is not happy about letting the egg supply drop below twelve.

Back
Top Bottom