āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

You are special. :hugs I see that from here. As far as being the crazy lady, I think you are over qualified. :D Why would you want to specialize in quail? To be more special? :gig
2D5F4FF6-CE72-4888-B357-1A868927D685.gif

Pick the last pair on the list!

I wish lavender weren't recessive. :rant I have to pick a son and save it now and it's a whole thing.

Ok I'm going out on a limb here :oops:...does anyone want Bobwhite/Mexican Speckled eggs. They will be mixed as that's what are being run together in the pen. Mexican Speckeled are a color mutation of the Bobwhite. Mine just started laying a week ago. I'm not going to be hatching any, so....there will only be a limited quanity, though, as not all the hens are laying.
View attachment 1818979
Mexican Speckeled Bobwhites

WOW. What stunners. They'd love the sunshine at my place for all of .4 seconds until they got snatched and eaten. I hope someone perfect takes some.

View attachment 1819014
Here's one I'm super excited aboutā€”hope they're a hen!

View attachment 1819015
A blurry pic of an interesting bird. Wild type patterning, but silver coloration. Another one I've got my fingers crossed for.

I think you have an autumn amber (roux dilute + italian) and a falb-fee.

What a beautiful group and aviary!

I have to hop in now to sayā€”babies are outside!

View attachment 1819013
They're mostly sticking together for now, although a few brave ones have wandered off. Also a bit less shyā€”some are letting me pet them.

View attachment 1819010
This batch is much more intrepid than the lastā€”nearly half of them have tried climbing the bark "slide."

View attachment 1819012
First moments in the sunshine = instant nap.

View attachment 1819014
Here's one I'm super excited aboutā€”hope they're a hen!

View attachment 1819015
A blurry pic of an interesting bird. Wild type patterning, but silver coloration. Another one I've got my fingers crossed for.

View attachment 1819011
They're loud and adventurous and messy and I'm hopelessly in love with them.
your ā€œinteresting birdā€ looks like falb fee to me!!

update: #10 is in brooder!! smaller than the others but seems to be healthy otherwise! The water receded enough today that we gathered up and butchered 13! mostly male but a couple females too. Good news: We found ā€œlittle oneā€ my solo chick! She is missing some head feathers but not the one that died!!! my guess now is that the dead one was result of males fighting or sick/injured bird? I guess I should start examining closer for possible causes of death?

Back
Top Bottom