āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

We finally got eggs! :wee
These 4 came yesterday and we got 2 the day before that. We currently have 14 quail - 11 jumbo brown females, 2 jumbo brown males, and 1 rescued male coturnix (he is so much smaller than the jumbos BTW).
20190622_180012.jpg

Also, mating had begun now. Watching the little rescued quail mount the back of a jumbo is quite amusing. :lau
I will need to get breeder cages in order soon so I can be selective with my hatches.

7/13 hatched so far today....have to cull 1/7 due to splay leg. will see if anymore hatch tonight or tomorrow....although things looked pretty quiet when I pulled these fluffballs! red range, yeller runt, pharaoh, roux pharaoh, pearl, my splay legs is a pretty little brown and yellow tux :hit

Great news on the eggs @BReeder! I've got 2 backyard chicks running around with the jumbos. Will be interesting to see the differences. How many weeks until you got the first egg?
It took 5 months!!! They hatched Jan 16th and laid the first egg June 21st. However, I moved them a few times during that time and their cage was on the ground where our dog could walk right past them. They also were a bit crowded for the first 3-4 months. I have learned several lessons these past 5 months...

Back
Top Bottom