āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

So, kind of like this? (Please excuse the scribblingā€”hopefully good enough to guess at...)
View attachment 1858570
For those whose hands are not strong enough to hang onto the wings and legs at the same time, I have in the past run electrical tape around the wings and body to keep the wings from flapping. Of course if a killing cone is used, controlling the wings is not a problem.

For those whose hands are not strong enough to hang onto the wings and legs at the same time, I have in the past run electrical tape around the wings and body to keep the wings from flapping. Of course if a killing cone is used, controlling the wings is not a problem.
Those huge killing cones seem seriously pricey for what you get. There must be something there I donā€™t understand in the manufacturing process. I was thinking of using a feed bag duct-taped into a cone shape with a hole cut from a corner, but a .22 sounds easier. I donā€™t really have a good place to hang the feed bag from that I can think of, though Iā€™d figure it out if I really needed to.

Those huge killing cones seem seriously pricey for what you get. There must be something there I donā€™t understand in the manufacturing process. I was thinking of using a feed bag duct-taped into a cone shape with a hole cut from a corner, but a .22 sounds easier. I donā€™t really have a good place to hang the feed bag from that I can think of, though Iā€™d figure it out if I really needed to.
i agree that the cone is not necessarily worth the investment for a few birds. and not that versatile in accommodation of varying sizes of birds. Elkā€™s method sounds intriguing but my location is not conducive to .22 revolver method, but may work best for your situation. the feed bag cone sound like good idea as well!

i agree that the cone is not necessarily worth the investment for a few birds. and not that versatile in accommodation of varying sizes of birds. Elkā€™s method sounds intriguing but my location is not conducive to .22 revolver method, but may work best for your situation. the feed bag cone sound like good idea as well!
Subsonic 22? Pellet rifle? Cross bow? And if all else fails, baseball bat.

Remember Rasputin.

Subsonic 22? Pellet rifle? Cross bow? And if all else fails, baseball bat.

Remember Rasputin.
yes, yes, yes, and yes! I have all suggested methods at my disposal and each has been applied as necessary! as for subsonic rounds, they may work well with revolver or single shot rifles but do not ā€œcycleā€ in semi-auto......just ā€œuselessā€ FYI

Back
Top Bottom