āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Hey everybody! It's been a while since I've posted here. I hope your all doing well and that hatches are going well for those who are still hatching. :)

Our garage quail setup has been working well. I had to tweak the watering system just a bit because it was getting air locked thanks to a sagging hose. A whole mess of water later, I shortened one hose and lengthened 3 others and it's working better than ever. I still need to cull the excess males whenever I find the time - maybe Monday afternoon. I'd really like to take them time to pluck them, but we'll see if that kind of time is available.

DD has not come into the world just yet, but we are expecting any day now. :celebrate Pregnancy is taking it's toll on DW, so all projects have come to a screeching halt as I'm just trying to pick up the slack around the house and help her out best I can. I happened to come across some side jobs too recently for some extra $$ and that's taken up the little "free time" that I would have. Ready to pass out...:th

Good job helping her! Good to see you! Keep it up!

Here are today's pics of the babies. I'll put my guess for each color with the picture, and hopefully someone can tell me if I'm right or wrong.

#1 Pearl Fee - This guy is huge, bigger than any of the jumbos that hatched at the same time.
1018190710a.jpg

#2 German Pastel
1018190801.jpg

#3 Lavender? I sure hope so!
1018190801a.jpg

#4 Weird - One wing has full white feathers, the other... does not.
1018190801b.jpg

#5 Pansy?
1018190801c.jpg

#6 Tibetan?
1018190802.jpg

#7 German Pastel
1018190803b.jpg

#8 Lavender? Another one that I hope is!
1018190804.jpg

I have nearly 200 friends, you can only open 20 a day, and my bag is almost always full because I sit on a pokestop and a gym all day. I rarely open presents. :oops:

I send lots, though!
Ohhhhh....this is why you are so slow.

Here are today's pics of the babies. I'll put my guess for each color with the picture, and hopefully someone can tell me if I'm right or wrong.

#1 Pearl Fee - This guy is huge, bigger than any of the jumbos that hatched at the same time.
View attachment 1937923
#2 German Pastel View attachment 1937924
#3 Lavender? I sure hope so!View attachment 1937925
#4 Weird - One wing has full white feathers, the other... does not.View attachment 1937926
#5 Pansy? View attachment 1937927
#6 Tibetan? View attachment 1937928
#7 German Pastel View attachment 1937929
#8 Lavender? Another one that I hope is! View attachment 1937930
6 looks like it might be a scarlet.
8 looks like it might be a lacy thing like my German pastel.

Back
Top Bottom