➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

First, I apologize if my response to these messages offends anyone!
I, personally, am utterly offended and disgusted by all of the “Zack Bashing” as it make me look like a total ass for ever inviting him to join us here on BYC!! (which was at the request of many that did not have access to facebook)
He makes no claims of being “the expert” on coturnix and many of us (novices, hobbyists, etc) find his videos, tips,etc very informative and enjoyable. In this particular video he stated that it would be introductory based on His experience with his birds, and he quoted some statistics from his experience and also gave credit to others. Reference to jumbos was based on both size and color and celadon was lumped in as a “color” that is offered even though it refers to egg color vs feather color.
As a “small business owner and healthcare professional” I respect Zack tremendously for his creativity in advertising, and his willingness to go above and beyond in the areas of education and customer satisfaction!! It can be extremely difficult to publicly explain such a broad, complex topic in terms that are understandable to the targeted audience (especially the first time you try to do it)
If you don’t agree with his posts here on byc, or find that his videos on his you-tube channel are not applicable to your situation or level of knowledge, then please just don’t watch or scroll past them!

Let me start by saying i am not offended and i(like you and CC) do not want to sling any insults at anyone. I understand and expected your defense of the farm that you believe in. i simply need to make some facts clear.

Isnt he opening a mentorship program while low men like myself can spot incorrect information that he is freely giving to people who fully believe him? Isnt that fact(opening a Mentorship program) him saying hes enough of an expert that he can compleatly educate the next person? I think he seems like a pretty decent fellow, based upon watching him from a million miles away, but is he humble enough to admit his mistakes? Maybe admit genetics arent his strong suit? Thats ok. He has the equpitment and the husbandry skills so why not concentrate on those areas he is good at? So many people could greatly benifit from that information alone. I can understand that whole not being good at genetics, as grasping all that extremely complicated stuff is So hard for Me personally but he acts like he has a solid understanding.

Can he give us a source that says A&M are the same as english whites? That statement among many has really bugged the crap out of me. They spent decades on the A&M at the University and calling them the same as english whites compleatly discounts all of that hard work. Spreading misinformation he is undoing the work of the many before him. He is making it hard for us to learn and he is misleading many people into believing incorrectly.

Another simple thing that makes a huge difference. He says snowies came with the GPC. They did not. The snowie is an unstable line which does not breed true. They came with the SSC and have been around for a good while. The pearls Do So breed true if bought from KC Farms.

Now CC has worked So Hard to understand what she knows of genetics. I think shes right to be upset that he is muddying the water. We dont want to hurt him or his farm which provides for his family! We want the truth of genetics and if he doesnt have it Thats Fine. His videos are a great way of getting that info across in a friendly manner if he would just give it to us correctly and however raw and complicated then we could figure it up and even boost his vid count cuz i would have to rewatch 100 times to grasp it. Probly take down notes and then copy em twice to make it sink in.

Lastly. Muddy, i respect you as a person. Watching your growth and learning has been enjoyable. You seem like a smart, reasonable woman. Please check the facts for yourself. Thats what i did. Thats what CC did. The published article sources -not the crap blogs that anybody can spew. CC has a Big List of them she posted months ago, before any of this junk had arisen. It is difficult for the layman to wade thru the information in most of the articles but worth it to understand the years of hard work that it took to understand these things.

Last edited:
You will still have to deal with/help extra males.

Seeing one hurt is horrible.

Hmmm that’s true. I don’t think I could do that. Idk. I probably could but if not I’d wind up with like 100 cages :oops:

And I don’t think I want to deal with all this color carp haha

But yeah I bet it is. :(

Do quail get hurt more often than chickens? I’ve had several various issues with the chickens.

Hmmm that’s true. I don’t think I could do that. Idk. I probably could but if not I’d wind up with like 100 cages :oops:

And I don’t think I want to deal with all this color carp haha

But yeah I bet it is. :(

Do quail get hurt more often than chickens? I’ve had several various issues with the chickens.
Males will kill each other.
Females with beat the crap out of a male too.

Thankfully I don't have to deal with this injury bologna often...I off the males quick. Just not quick enough this time around because I'm not 100% sure of their sex.

Males will kill each other.
Females with beat the crap out of a male too.

Thankfully I don't have to deal with this injury bologna often...I off the males quick. Just not quick enough this time around because I'm not 100% sure of their sex.

Wait... so females can’t be kept with males either??

This sounds so complicated haha

Ahh okay. That makes sense. I don’t think I could off them quick enough. We seem to be on opposite spectrums of that haha

I’d probably have to learn how to though cause no point in feeding a bunch of solo males in separate cages or anything ha

Unless maybe I got a lot of females for all of them. Idk.

I am sticking with feather sexable colors from now on.

Probably a good idea. Seems way easier. Plus no worrying about which color variety is which haha

Let me start by saying i am not offended and i(like you) do not want to sling any insults at anyone. I understand and expected your defense of the farm that you believe in. i simply need to make some facts clear.

Isnt he opening a mentorship program while low men like myself can spot incorrect information that he is freely giving to people who fully believe him? Isnt that fact(opening a Mentorship program) him saying hes enough of an expert that he can compleatly educate the next person? I think he seems like a pretty decent fellow, based upon watching him from a million miles away, but is he humble enough to admit his mistakes? Maybe admit genetics arent his strong suit? Thats ok. He has the equpitment and the husbandry skills so why not concentrate on those areas he is good at? So many people could greatly benifit from that information alone. I can understand that whole not being good at genetics, as grasping all that extremely complicated stuff is So hard for Me personally but he acts like he has a solid understanding.

Can he give us a source that says A&M are the same as english whites? That statement among many has really bugged the crap out of me. They spent decades on the A&M at the University and calling them the same as english whites compleatly discounts all of that hard work. Spreading misinformation he is undoing the work of the many before him. He is making it hard for us to learn and he is misleading many people into believing incorrectly.

Another simple thing that makes a huge difference. He says snowies came with the GPC. They did not. The snowie is an unstable line which does not breed true. They came with the SSC and have been around for a good while. The pearls Do So breed true if bought from KC Farms.

Now CC has worked So Hard to understand what she knows of genetics. I think shes right to be upset that he is muddying the water. We dont want to hurt him or his farm which provides for his family! We want the truth of genetics and if he doesnt have it Thats Fine. His videos are a great way of getting that info across in a friendly manner if he would just give it to us correctly and however raw and complicated then we could figure it up and even boost his vid count cuz i would have to rewatch 100 times to grasp it. Probly take down notes and then copy em twice to make it sink in.

Lastly. Muddy, i respect you as a person. Watching your growth and learning has been enjoyable. You seem like a smart, reasonable woman. Please check the facts for yourself. Thats what i did. Thats what CC did. The published article sources -not the crap blogs that anybody can spew. CC has a Big List of them she posted months ago, before any of this junk had arisen. It is difficult for the layman to wade thru the information in most of the articles but worth it to understand the years of hard work that it took to understand these things.
Thank you for saying this. I haven't watched his videos as I have no free time lately, but unless I'm reading a LOT of posts wrong, I wasn't seeing any bashing going on, just dissatisfaction with how information is being presented. Everyone is allowed to express an opinion, but presenting information as fact when there are studies or scientific papers showing differently is something that should be called out.

Thank you for saying this. I haven't watched his videos as I have no free time lately, but unless I'm reading a LOT of posts wrong, I wasn't seeing any bashing going on, just dissatisfaction with how information is being presented. Everyone is allowed to express an opinion, but presenting information as fact when there are studies or scientific papers showing differently is something that should be called out.

Thank you so much for your support! I feel like i have been as nice as anyone could be but i also feel like a jerk for demanding facts. I was still among the first to welcome him and it went unresponded to. i would still be glad to see him prosper and pass out solid information.

Agreed also no bashing going on. The severe criticism that speaks Bashing to me is not whats taking place at all.

If i said i ordered 100 eggs from him (in the dead of summer) and only 15 hatched and its all his fault, his birds have poor genetics and his hatch rate is low, that would be bashing. Wouldve been nothing except a warm egg thrown around is very easily damaged. I Have Not ordered from Myshire but i hear nothing but good things about the customer service and hatch rates.

I think i see some brown? Looks alot like a lil sandy something that i have. Any brown makes it not falb fee as the fee gene pulls out all brown or reds.

I separated out the "littles" & the yellow one that's been getting picked on. I separated out the others so they wouldn't be so crowded. Anything y'all suggest should be done or y'all would do differently?View attachment 1940739 View attachment 1940741 View attachment 1940742

I think this is great! Good job hopping to it!! i bet your babes all grow at about the same rate now. More room is less competition for resources, less stress and less bullying.

@Texas Kiki, so bad about the dog! I had the same experience.... Several times and I know the feeling. Did you explained to the dog "No quail, no quail.".
@Cedar Creek Farm Lady on separation I missed the topic.. will you be breeding the quail in the future? I am asking because if you separate them now integration later may be difficult.

Back
Top Bottom