āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

This dummy thinks he is a turkey.
I think he would like to attack me if I got just a little closer.
IMG_20191022_182432.jpg
IMG_20191022_174105.jpg

Dang, I was hoping that someone would tell me I was wrong about the red I'm seeing in all of their chests. They're only 3 weeks old, after all. :hit
If they all look like that, they are probably boys, but it's still possible they will get spots. Usually they go the other way around for me though, looking spotted and suddenly turn into a boy.

What is your friend's goal? Breeding for meat? Or for eggs? Can you hatch another set and give him some girls from the next batch to go with the best boy(s) from this one?

If they all look like that, they are probably boys, but it's still possible they will get spots. Usually they go the other way around for me though, looking spotted and suddenly turn into a boy.

What is your friend's goal? Breeding for meat? Or for eggs? Can you hatch another set and give him some girls from the next batch to go with the best boy(s) from this one?
He just wants pets and eggs. I warned him that there were going to be extra roos unless he was astronomically lucky, and he's still not sure what he wants to do with the extra roos. I'm hoping to convince him to let me eat... errr... have them. I would feel bad if he didn't get at least one hen, though.

All six eggs that he gave me to put in with my batch were fertile. The only reason one didn't hatch was because it was malpositioned and just didn't make it out after it pipped down at the pointy end.

Back
Top Bottom