āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

I am very tempted to get the incubator setup and running again... :oops:
It's freezing outside, so most people up this way would expect a decrease or even total halt in egg production. However, our quail are quite comfortable in the garage. I'm collecting at least 20 eggs per day. I have about 200 quail eggs in the fridge right now! I could easily fill the incubator in just a few days (it holds 120 eggs). I'm still not selectively breeding with breeder cages, but I do have the generations separated to avoid parent/child breeding and most of my eggs are coming from the 1st generation birds still. The problem is I only have 1 empty cage right now. It could probably hold 24 adult quail. If I hatch a bunch, I'll possibly have too many to grow out in the current space available and I'm not looking to build another cage right now - I have enough work around the house and yard to get done right now as it is. I also don't know that I want to burden DW with more birds to care for since I'll be going back to work in 2 weeks - I'm on parental leave right now.

P.S.: Our daughter was born a week ago. I'm not sure if I told you all that yet.:lol:

I am very tempted to get the incubator setup and running again... :oops:
It's freezing outside, so most people up this way would expect a decrease or even total halt in egg production. However, our quail are quite comfortable in the garage. I'm collecting at least 20 eggs per day. I have about 200 quail eggs in the fridge right now! I could easily fill the incubator in just a few days (it holds 120 eggs). I'm still not selectively breeding with breeder cages, but I do have the generations separated to avoid parent/child breeding and most of my eggs are coming from the 1st generation birds still. The problem is I only have 1 empty cage right now. It could probably hold 24 adult quail. If I hatch a bunch, I'll possibly have too many to grow out in the current space available and I'm not looking to build another cage right now - I have enough work around the house and yard to get done right now as it is. I also don't know that I want to burden DW with more birds to care for since I'll be going back to work in 2 weeks - I'm on parental leave right now.

P.S.: Our daughter was born a week ago. I'm not sure if I told you all that yet.:lol:

:celebrateCONGRATULATIONS!!!:woot

Normally I would say hatch hatch hatch!!! But in this case I think you should probably focus on your daughter/fam/house stuff for a while :lau :oops:

But hatch after.

Congratulations btw!! :D

I agree with KDOGG331!:goodpost:
BUT then I add.... kiss your wife, hold your daughter & set-incubate-hatch!!!:yesss::jumpy

:celebrateCONGRATULATIONS!!!:woot

I agree with KDOGG331!:goodpost:
BUT then I add.... kiss your wife, hold your daughter & set-incubate-hatch!!!:yesss::jumpy

Yes! That is an excellent strategy too!! I agree!! Although not sure his wife will appreciate more babies to care for when she just had one :lau :gig :lau

Although I guess if you set now, itā€™ll be a month before they hatch... plenty of time to break the news. :p

Back
Top Bottom