āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

873AA916-DA86-432D-A161-8B03306C4C22.jpeg
7EAB89BF-FEC3-461D-86DC-4F7590DC9CAC.jpeg
A386EC57-FD9F-411D-B916-5A4BC9568C67.jpeg

Doing inventory on QB#7. In addition to one caramel and 2 whites, have this male with white spots on chest and white primaries. The chest picture didn't post. Not a tuxedo, but white splotches under his chin. Like Kiki's birds.

One of the whites. This one is pied with soft brown on the butt.

QB#7 Official numbers are in at 5 weeks old:
20 males including the one with white frosting on his chin
6 females including the caramel
2 whites to be determined. Vent sexing showed me nothing.

QB#6 official numbers repeated and are now almost 8 weeks old:
17 males
9 females + 2 females culled.

I guess I'm lucky the bought eggs gave more girls than boys.

:barnieWhy did y'all let me order so many eggs!?!?
:thI'm gonna hafta build 4 more identical pens or add on different levels on the ones that I've already made!!!

I've never had one super mean just after hatch but I did have that little red one try to drag my tiny Tibetan hatchling all over the Incubator by his toes, I think s/he thought they were worms or something. S/he still does that to everyone!

I want several, but I want a couple just to have, the rest to eat.:drool

Splendid idea!!!:yesss:

Thanks! I thought so too.

As to the rest of it... :lau :gig :lau

:barnieWhy did y'all let me order so many eggs!?!?
:thI'm gonna hafta build 4 more identical pens or add on different levels on the ones that I've already made!!!
Lucky you! More coops! Fun times!

Well, you're going to have a bunch of males that you're not going to keep, right? That will reduce your numbers right there. View attachment 1950357
Anybody else see Snoopy dancing around singing "Dinner Time" here? Splendid idea!!!:yesss:

The poor one...his beak/nose took a beating. It looks a lot better now...but he isn't doing well.
Video uploading now.
View attachment 1950354
This was earlier today.
I am 99.99% sure that I will not be able to keep my little one alive.
I hate a meanie!!! I've got one in there right now plucking the others in its pen, only the dark ones, not the gray or silver ones. Eating their feathers. I need another isolation pen.

Well, you're going to have a bunch of males that you're not going to keep, right? That will reduce your numbers right there. View attachment 1950357
And who says we let you? I seem to remember @Texas Kiki forcing you to stop! View attachment 1950358
I know, I'm messing with y'all:hugs

You're right:old, I'll only be keeping a few males. I guess I just need to figure out what other pens I still need to make. I can add second levels onto my new pens easily, I'll just have to get some shallow pans for between the levels.

Back
Top Bottom