āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Well maybe your hen just likes the attention of roos so she or multiple shes like laying roos
upload_2019-11-3_12-32-36.gif

These were eggs from three hens. I really, really don't think that the ratio of hens to roos affects the gender of the chicks.

Thatā€™s not how biology works lol itā€™s all just chance. No science to it. If that were the case, people would have already gotten rich by choosing only hen producing hens to set eggs from.

Ok. I read somewhere that certain hens lay more roos and others lay more hens. Depending on the hen what gender she likes to lay
I can see that some hens lay more hens or more roos, but that's like some men father more girls or more boys. It doesn't have anything to do with preference.

Do y'all think this will work for my 2 groups of nine that are moving from inside to outside? These 2 pens measure 32"x48"-ish & 14" tall when complete. Lids/doors will be on the top to lift up.
20191103_140907.jpg

P.S. I'm gonna do some scrubbing on that wire bottom, it's 30+ year old heavy duty rabbit wire that I was gifted from my dad. Beggars can't be choosers, right?!

Last edited:
Ok. I read somewhere that certain hens lay more roos and others lay more hens. Depending on the hen what gender she likes to lay
Ohhhh....I think I know what you are saying now.
If you don't keep strict records to test this out you will never know.
Try it.

I didnā€™t approve this idea :lau

Thatā€™s my reason for not approving it LOL
Too bad.
Just think of how much money I am going to save you.
And how much less brand new unused crap you won't have laying around.

Cough cough... bookshelves.

Back
Top Bottom