➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I cracked first 2 chukar eggs and 1 looked possibly fertile.....so i may have put the next 2 in the incubator :oops:
99% sure they aren’t fertile yet and it’s just wishful thinking but only loss is 2 eggs.......right??
I might have collected two eggs from my baby's cage yesterday to add to my Nov. Hatch collection.

20191107_092238.jpg

There is somthing rong with my quail there is a bald spot were there should not be one.
20191107_092640.jpg

See how the feathers arent as full as they should be. The spot does look dry its got little white spots of dead skin on it.

Edit to add: its been missing feathers there sense they came in

View attachment 1953767
There is somthing rong with my quail there is a bald spot were there should not be one.View attachment 1953770
See how the feathers arent as full as they should be. The spot does look dry its got little white spots of dead skin on it.
Are there any mites around? Does the bird seem to be scratching at the area or irritated? Are any other birds showing signs of irritation or rough feather patches?

I mean, seriously, don't all people keep hammers, hatchets, eggs, light bulbs, mini-cast-iron skillets, wire, squares, levels and numerous other items in their shed/quail house?

You are gonna get dust all over your tools. Keep a cover over electronics and power tools, or keep them in a closed cabinet. I'm speaking from experience.

Five weeks how do you sex it
Could you please post a picture of the head and chest? See the attached picture below.

How are you measuring? Are you measuring the circumference or the diameter and is it the width or the length?
For conversion purposes, 25.4 mm = 1 inch.
.. The height.. from the point end to the blunt end.
How many hatched from your last batch of 40 set?
Thank you. 32

Attachments

• Quail sexing coturnix.jpg
    Quail sexing coturnix.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom