➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

So.... I just candled 59 eggs.
4 infertile Sex-Link removed.
4 infertile Feather-Sexable removed.
1 possible bloodringed of each.
It's a coincidence that I removed 4 Pansy eggs from the other Incubator the other day as well.
:barnieI get so impatient awaiting hatch.
It's like the longest 2 weeks to lockdown, and then the 3 days of lockdown lasts forever!!!!:th
20191109_185443.jpg

Yes, I can recognize the male sounds as they aren't that many. I'm still learning the sounds of the different females, but I can distinguish some of my 40 chicks by the sound so I think I have an ear...
I'd say so! Good ear for sure!
I'm still a newbie, I've only had one crow so far.

Does anybody use leg bands for identification of their birds? If so what size bands are needed for quail? I'm wanting to get some for my Bobs at least. Little buggers are near identical right now.

Does anybody use leg bands for identification of their birds? If so what size bands are needed for quail? I'm wanting to get some for my Bobs at least. Little buggers are near identical right now.
wynolaranch.com is one place that has quail size leg bands....i’ve not tried them yet but have been thinking about it

I bought some from Wynola Ranch. They're size 4 and will work on adult quail. I found some smaller rings that I was able to use on two week old chicks, but I just had to remove the one I used now that my birds are closer to 4 or 5 weeks old because it was getting tight.

Back
Top Bottom