➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

The chest is rusty & white speckled. It's head is very rusty colored. It's from my Pansy hatch.
So Myshire's Pansys hatch true only about 56%.
The other 44% should hatch out as
P, I, T or R.

I am kicking myself for not writing the whole word out but I think that means
Pharaoh
Italian
Tibetan
Rosetta

Let me go find the video and listen to this part again.
Bbiaf

So, I think I'd call it an Italian.
I don't know.
I still haven't figured out what to call my Pansy hatched ones.

The chest is rusty & white speckled. It's head is very rusty colored. It's from my Pansy hatch.
it could be a manchurian or “roux pansy” if a lot of black.....if dark red instead of black, it’s autumn amber i couldn’t tell for sure from the pics if i’m seeing black or dark red.....

P, I, T or R.

Pharaoh
Italian
Tibetan
Rosetta

Bbiaf

I don't know.
remember that live when you asked how many variations of pansy there are and zack said 3? A true pansy is a “chocolate manchurian” the other 2 are golden manchurian and roux manchurian (as best I can discern from experience and information available). and of course now there is the 4th pansy-fee which is a white-base. italian and golden manchurian are very close in coloration......does that sound logical to you on that basis?

remember that live when you asked how many variations of pansy there are and zack said 3? A true pansy is a “chocolate manchurian” the other 2 are golden manchurian and roux manchurian (as best I can discern from experience and information available). and of course now there is the 4th pansy-fee which is a white-base. italian and golden manchurian are very close in coloration......does that sound logical to you on that basis?
Yes! I do remember this.
Thanks.

P, I, T or R.
Pharaoh
Italian
Tibetan
Rosetta
Bbiaf
I don't know.
I ended up with several Tibetans and (the light red'ish) Tuxedos. Seems like color naming should be easier, huh? :barnie

it could be a manchurian or “roux pansy” if a lot of black.....if dark red instead of black, it’s autumn amber i couldn’t tell for sure from the pics if i’m seeing black or dark red.....
I'll get it out and try to get some better pictures in the morning. I like it alot regardless what's it called, hen or roo, I still plan on keeping it.

I'll get it out and try to get some better pictures in the morning. I like it alot regardless what's it called, hen or roo, I still plan on keeping it.
by the head coloring....i’m definitely voting roo! and he is beautiful! i’ve got a few autumn ambers out there now and absolutely love them!!.....oh they are feather sexable....so should be able to tell by the chest too

Foot looks like bumblefoot to me. You should be able to treat by soaking in Epsom salt bath, there's good threads on byc about treating bumblefoot.

Dunno about the yellow skin, I haven't seen that before but I'm mostly hands off my quail. Does it look like irritated skin or just a different color?
Thank you, never done it before
Will be my first time. I'll go shopping to the pharmacy today to buy all these things needed to treating bumblefoot.
Yellow skin is more like something is stuck on it...like a yalk.. None of the others has it.

Can you get a picture of the whole bird...the sick one?
Well ok, they are both sick. No1 is with bumblefoot and the yellow skin around the vent, eye bad...
No2 was fully scalped, and the head has been recovering amazingly fast, she will start growing feathers soon, BUT she is limping as her foot all the way from knee and above is blue. What is this?

Attachments

• IMG_20191219_090507.jpg
    IMG_20191219_090507.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20191219_090115.jpg
    IMG_20191219_090115.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20191219_090014.jpg
    IMG_20191219_090014.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20191219_085819.jpg
    IMG_20191219_085819.jpg