āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Unless you screw up and put too many varieties in them, then you need a 3rd for a hatcher!!!:oops:
I have a cabinet hatcher. It has room for 4 hatching trays that have lids to contain any hatchlings plus there is also a bottom tray that is 4 3/4" deep. None have ever jumped out of that tray. If that isn't enough room to separate all the different kinds I may have hatching at the same time, I have hardware cloth fences that I use to divide the hatching trays into more sections.

A cheap still air incubator can make an excellent hatcher. Even if you don't think you need a separate hatcher for quantity of hatches, it can still be very beneficial because it makes it easy to keep the ones used as incubators much cleaner which means they will last longer.
I am still learning but agree. The fan collects dander on the viewing ports after each hatch. I leave them in there for up to 24 hours while Kiki's is up to 10 minutes.

This is why I was looking at incubators. Santa sent me eggs, I know I shouldn't push my luck.

Me? Personally? I don't.
If I did, I'd use craigslist because I'm cheap. See the GQF website to pick the model to lust after.

Craigslist will have them in the $400 range in varying states of disrepair.
If you are lucky, you can sometimes find an old 1202 cabinet incubator or hatcher in the $200 or less range.

Eeekkkkk....looks like more from my T cage.
Screenshot_20200120-145118.png

Anybody thinking about a leap year (Feb 29th) hatch?

I haven't hatched in months now and I'm getting an itch to put quail in the freezer plus I have a local BYC member who's son is begging for some pet quail. I was thinking about when I would like to hatch and figured leap year would be fun.
That sounds like a good idea. I'm setting some in February at some point. I'm not sure when though.

Back
Top Bottom